Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn Roofs Discrepency

We need to have more arguments here. cbf a server discussion forum with no arguments.

I think there is a great hole in the moderating methods when, although the server runs every other fixed map, Brooklyn is neglected. If I recall, Brooklyn was the first map to be fixed with collisions since it was one of the most exploitable maps.

But, for reasons I don't completely understand, it's not being run on this server. Since every other fixed map is being run, I can't see how this can be something other than a sign that roofs are now completely legal and fair game. However, today I was booted twice for being on the roofs. I didn't use any flying hax or anything, I didn't even get healed. I just jumped from roof to roof very easily. Didn't have to exert any real effort to get there, yet I was booted nonetheless.

So, I find this a very, very confusing situation of events. The fixed version of Brooklyn is not being run, therefore allowing all roof access, but someone could still get booted anyway for being on one. I don't see the logic here. You're just creating more work for yourselves if you're going to be moderating people for doing something you're giving them the clear ability too.

I am unclear as to why people would be booted anyway unless someone here considers that there is something inherently wrong with being on the roofs (Which would probably mean it's a good idea to run the fixed version where this is no longer an issue, but I digress). If there's something wrong with being on the roofs, then they shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

Here's a diagram I made of an overview of all the roofs in Brooklyn. The blue areas are roofs that can be reached by jumping, the green areas are roofs that need to have C4 to be used to reach, and the purple places are roofs that need two C4's used to reach. The hp listed is the amount of hp I started with at the beginning of the round. Only the two tallest buildings required me to have been healed to 200hp before I could reach them, but all of these places are accessable without any cheating of any kind. All of these places are totally inaccessable in the fixed Brooklyn map.

To me, I think it's absolutely absurd to boot or ban people for being on some roofs but not others. They're all just as easily accessable as the last. I'm not even going to go on about the places that can be reached with a charged scout's rifle.

Here are the reasons why I think it would be a good idea to run the fixed Brooklyn:
    1. No roof campers
    2. No roof campers = No one holding up the game = Happy players
    3. Lessens, or completely gets rid of entirely, the need to moderate roof campers in this map
    4. Not having the fixed map sets the perfect situation to get into an argument over mod decisions to boot people (They'd probably say something like, "If I'm not supposed to go up there, why are you allowing people to?")
    5. Not having the fixed map creates a disadvantage for anyone running the fixed map while playing in the server
    6. Makes the server look better
    7. Everyone else uses it, and for good reason too

It's obviously totally up to you four whether or not you're going to do something about this, but I'm just telling you now, I think you're setting yourselves up for a lot of trouble just by leaving the map as it is.
    I dont care what we do, because that map blows cock regardless, but the roofs at least make it somewhat interesting for me to play, and all players have access to them.

I duno who booted you for roof jumping, but i do know it wasnt me.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlez
    and all players have access to them.
    Like I said before, not people running the fixed maps.
    k rev we know youre uber 1337 gore player and can get to all of those places on the map. some people (myself included) cannot. but thats not the reason spyder didnt want you going there. it slows the game down when you do. he realises you were just trying to prove a point but you did it in a rather homo and annoying way. we are in the process of getting a revised brooklyn with only the two main roofs open. so until then pls dont be gay and go the harder to reach places pls. thank you.
    A) The red roofs are the ones it is left open for, you know it.
    B) Don't give the "hey I'm just a caveman" line, it's only pissing me off and making me not want to run the fixed map THAT MUCH MORE.
    C) You were told before we ran the map that the fags would be booted for going up there. You got up there on purpose to prove a point. Just like I did booting you. I booted you what, 3 times? If you did it again, I was ready to ban you.
    D) I cbf more points, ur pissing me off x100 and it does not make me want to do what you want...and speaking of which, it's not ur server yet you seem to think it is. Eat fuck for talking down to all of us admins to get your way constantly.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    k rev we know youre uber 1337 gore player and can get to all of those places on the map.
    Actually, the real problem here is that it doesn't take some uber 1337 player to get to any of those places. Any Joe Schmoe can throw a C4 on the ground and get to any of those places (And in some cases, not even C4, just some extra stamina for a jump), and that's exactly why it is a problem. Lesser-skilled players will purposely try to antagonize everyone else in the game by getting to these places and holding everybody up, as has always been the case.
    we are in the process of getting a revised brooklyn with only the two main roofs open.
    I assume you're talking to Lead about this since he has the dmf (Would Joel do something like this? ). If Lead or whoever can provide you a version of Brooklyn with only those two roofs open then remind him to also add a collision over the parking garage. As of now in the fixed Brooklyn map, there is no collision over the parking garage, but that roof is a non-issue since you can't get onto those two roofs to begin with, and therefore it's not possible to reach. With those two roofs open, though, the parking garage is just another open space to get to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Eat fuck for talking down to all of us admins to get your way constantly.
    I haven't made any demands nor have I ever told you to do anything. I have only made suggestions and propositions in your, and only your, interest to make the server run better and smoothly. I certainly don't have to go to all this trouble to make this point here (I really don't have to be doing anything at all, but I am choosing to help), but I am and that's only because I'm concerned for you guys. This is the perfect setup to create more work for yourselves, not me. I can only watch and be relatively annoyed at watching people roof camping or something of the like.
    Imo all but the jump pad roof should be gone, and the one next to that after you jump forward and turn left that requires 200 stam cuz any class with 200 stam can get there no probs.. the rest can go imo.

or atleast just keep the jump pad one.. and the little part before the radio antenna cuz that is accessible by 200 stam by jumping off the light post.

i really doubt lead would take the time to make a new SS of a map that he allready fixed once tbh, especially since he wouldnt want any of that roof camping bs (even just the two easily accesible roofs).
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

welst lead can lick my sack in that case

I decided to leave it up and let the whiners whine.

Sounds good to me.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction