Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The dumbest thing they couldv'e ever done is release so far ahead of Final Fantasy 13. If you're thinking about buying one do NOT, I guarantee there will be at least one price drop before FFXIII comes out.

(btw, if you're buying it for anything other than final fantasy/MGS4, you should probably be getting a different system)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    I talked to a couple guys I know that have kids between 12-17 and they said the reson they will buy one isnt just for the games the kids play but for the Blu-Ray HD movies it will play.
    Currently a Blu-Ray HD player is expensive, so when a PS3 comes with one built in its a big plus.

Personally I dont even have a PS any more, I gave my PS1 away when the PS2 came out and "loaned" my PS2 to one of my buddies kids..I never expect to get it back..
    I have a X-Box and a X-Box 360, I very rarely use them at all, but I may use the 360 and Windows Media Center together more since they talk to each other nicely.

As far as a price drop, well ya know thats gonna happin, and there will likely be bugs in the first ones to be worked out..I never buy brand new tech..basicly you are just beta testing guinnie pigs .

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    PS3 will need at least three price drops before I even look at it. $600? give e a break
    Blu-ray is going to fail friends (go ahead and quote me on that, because I wont be wrong).

HD-DVD's are just as good in quality, cheaper to produce, far cheaper media players, much more film companys backing them, and not to mention Microsoft and Toshiba > Sony.

Plus, Sony has never had a successful media format that I can remember, but they have had several failures (betamax, betacam, HiMD, minidisc, umd, microMV, etcetc).

Most say the PS3 will succeed because of Blu-Ray, but I say Blu-Ray will fail because of the PS3.

GT tho Sony.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Diddlez View Post
    Blu-ray is going to fail friends (go ahead and quote me on that, because I wont be wrong).

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    dunno you could make the case that it has failed
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Thats what the people backing Blu-Ray are counting on, the success of the PS3.
    Format wars suck for the general public, im gonna sit this one out for a year or 2.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    my stance on this is this, i buy these sytems only for their use in video games. there are other devices out there used for specific purposes such as dvd, internet, etc etc. make a fucking video game system, and sell it. i remember when people laughed at me for buying a gamecube because it didn't have a dvd player. ffs, how long before the release of it were dvd players out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombostik
    my stance on this is this, i buy these sytems only for their use in video games. there are other devices out there used for specific purposes such as dvd, internet, etc etc. make a fucking video game system, and sell it. i remember when people laughed at me for buying a gamecube because it didn't have a dvd player. ffs, how long before the release of it were dvd players out?
    I had a DVD player two years before I bought my gamecube. IMO the gamecube was a far better investment than the PS2, with or without the DVD functionality. Its rare that I watch a DVD on the PS2 anyway.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

exactly