Thread: Need advice for a headset

I have decided to get a microphone for some reason. I don't know how much help I can get here, but so far I did one Google search and found this:

http://www.ahernstore.com/audio100.html

This is the kind of headset I want. I like that type of head phones, not the mini ones that you put in your ear. It also has a volume control on the cord, which I would like to have to. However, I don't know a thing about headsets, so if the brand is good or not, I dunno. I'm not saying this is the exact headset I would buy, but I don't really see anything wrong with this particular one. Any suggestions?

Also, I see that this has two jacks. One is for the sound in the headphones, I assume, but where would the other jack plug in, the one for the actual microphone I assume?

Anything else I should know before I decide what kind of headset to buy?
    You really cant go wrong with Plantronics, tbh. Everyone on TS who has them has had really good things to say about them.

I'm not into the big ol' cushion bs myself, but whatever you get will be fine.

I never liked the volume control on the line...just be careful not to pull the wires from either end.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    those look pretty dandy, and for under 50 bux what a deal!
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Plantronics ftw tbh. i have the dsp400 set. great sound outa the headphones and im guessing good sound out of the mic. (i dont record voice over to michael jackson songs or anything) great all around head set tbhwy.

*edit*
    just noticed that urs have the reg plugs that go into sound card. mine are usb with an external sound card and thats what gives it the great sound. so i dunno what those will sound like tbh. im sure they sound great cause plantronics makes great stuff. we use there headsets at work on all the telephones.
    lol I just wanted to say plantronics but ^
    with a 5.1 soundcard they trule give 3d sound. I bought a cheapy for $30 with a volume adjust on the line, and it hasn't pulled apart in over 2 years. Yea the red end is for mic.
    k I got a Plantronics one kind of like the one in my link. It's USB so it's easier for me to plug in, and it seems to be working fine.

How can I adjust the treble and bass in these headphones? Apparantly, the device acts as its own soundcard, so I can't use my normal sound settings to change stuff. The back of the package for this Plantronics headset says bass and treble control, but I don't see where I'm supposed to adjust them.

Right now, the treble is too high and the bass is too low.
    lies.

only adj for mine is the sound card softwar, same as urs.
    These don't have a mic, but I've had them for about a year and they kick ass. They are actually 5.1 (3 speakers in each side) with bunches of adapters to plug into just about anything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...onics&v=glance

I use this for a mic http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836111601