Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bukowski's mini review of Patriots: A Nation Under Fire

Ya can't see your feet in this fucker! I thought thats what was kinda cool about Gore, this game is kinda lame so far, I played the first "mission" and ran around with the hammer hitting things to see what is breakable and what kind of sounds shit made when I hit it , thats a sign that I'm not to interested in continuing on in a game.
    This reminds me alot of SSSB, only you can save your game, you still can't interact with anything, like opening doors..Im not
    impressed at all, the reviews are gonna suck.It also seems like all the MP stuff IS in there, maybe Lead will start to do something on his own to get something going with MP. I feel bad for Joel, he really is counting on this. The guy made a great fucking MP Game called Gore and the two he has come out with since have sucked balls, the guy can't make a SP game to save his soul..imo Gore SP was more interesting than Patriots or SSSB, maybe I will buy 2 copies to help the guy out.

I give this game a big

The thing where you can't see your feet really bothers me :P

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    The guy made a great fucking MP Game called Gore
    Never heard of it...I guess I'll have to pick it up sometime. :P

That sucks...good thing it's a STRAIGHT TO BARGAIN BIN title so I dont have to spend a bunch of green for it.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    The problem really is that this game isn't gonna gain any respect in the gaming world for Joel, and maybe he shouldn't be making games anymore.
    Gore is a very well made MP/FPS that was as we all know unfairly judged by reviewers, and it was Joel's first game.

I would like to see Gore II made as much as anybody else, but I don't see that ever becoming a reality at this juncture, Joel lost something after he made Gore, maybe his ex ol lady even with all the troubles they had made him a better game designer, I dunno.
    One thing I am certain of is Joel has made two shit games since Gore, and im sure he has plans for a third.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Well, he wont let go of the AMP shit either. That doesn't help in the graphic department. He says that's because he's not getting paid a lot of money for these games...but HE is the one accepting bargain bin deals from DC that require him to throw together a cheap game real quick. He had a lot more time to work on Gore.

Not to mention he gets his help for free, I think Lead can go far in the game industry if thats whats he wants to do, and the experience he got with SSSB and Patriots is surely helpful .

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    I think it's time Deadly and I started working on our top-secret MMO project.
    (World of Gore) It'll be better than Huxley.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

I don't know why he continues to deal with DC since all they seemed interested in is shitty bargain bin SP games that will NOT give him a profit. He definately lost something after Gore, and he seems completely sure that Gore 2 will never happen, so all I can say is thanks for the one true game he made and good luck with the rest of his shitty career.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedSoul
    I don't know why he continues to deal with DC since all they seemed interested in is shitty bargain bin SP games that will NOT give him a profit. He definately lost something after Gore, and he seems completely sure that Gore 2 will never happen, so all I can say is thanks for the one true game he made and good luck with the rest of his shitty career.
    I hate to say it but I agree with everything you said.

If some of the talented people on the 4D forums got together they could actually make a version of Gore II..but AMP I has got to either be modified a lot or use another engine.

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I hate to say it but I agree with everything you said.
    Yeah I hate to agree with him too.

I installed and started playing it today and... ouch.