Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.3

I just noticed Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.3 is out, This includeds just about anything ya would want when ya first install Ubuntu, it also includeds Beryl for the eye candy crowd, this fuckin release has it all

Im prolly gonna start D/L next week, i gotta get some more blank DVD-R .

http://ubuntusoftware.info/Ubuntu_Ultimate_1.3/

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    very cool.

ill keep this in my bookmarks so if i decide to upgrade ill know exactly where to go.
    You also may want to take a look at Backtrack, there is a new release out March 6 that fixed a few things.
    This is a great distro for hacking, i was always using IWhax and this incorporates the best of the two, worth checking out if ya need to hack a system

Code:
    http://remote-exploit.org/

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    I never knew how confusing linux could be.

Last night I downloaded Ubuntu 6.10
    Is that a good version to have or what?
    I am a noob when it comes to anything other than windows.

I am going to dual boot with some version of Linux as a second OS.

Please post the version of Linux I should use. I would like all the nice new eye candy features and all that shit.

If ya want all the eye candy get yourself a blank DVD and download this one..It has Beryl included.
    http://ubuntusoftware.info/Ubuntu_Ultimate_1.3/

Its Ubuntu 6.10 with all the goodies..
    I just know you are gonna fuck it up when ya go to install it :P .

just run the live disk first, you can install while you are actually still running the live disk.

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    yes pls just run the live disk for a few weeks or until you're comfortable with it. i dont want you to try and install a dual boot and end up fragging your windows drive/partiton.

but im glad to see you atleast trying something new. good for you man. welcome to the other side. trust me you're going to probably get aggravated a few times because linux is different then windows. but once you figure out how its different you realise its very much superior. gl pal. need some help ill help as much as i can but check out http://www.ubuntuforums.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I just know you are gonna fuck it up when ya go to install it :P
    This is why Linux is always going to come up short in the OS market until they get it together. Lots of great milestones achieved so far...but really not enough. I CBF all the linux geeks bitching about people using windows as if they expect everyone to put on those fuckin geeksquad fagbadges and learn all of the nerd shit some linux distros require.

This weekend I will download this. I need to buy a few new SATA drives before I install Linux (I have enough problems atm with my HD and CBF the headaches of a second OS). I like the eye candy BS and I seen a few of those screenshots before going "CBF 5 MINUTES A GODDAMN PICTURE" ... I'll check it all out this weekend whenst I'm on broadband.

<3nig.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    I CBF all the linux geeks bitching about people using windows as if they expect everyone to put on those fuckin geeksquad fagbadges and learn all of the nerd shit some linux distros require.

LOOOOOL i LOLED SO DAMN HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I just know you are gonna fuck it up when ya go to install it :P
    This is why Linux is always going to come up short in the OS market until they get it together. Lots of great milestones achieved so far...but really not enough. I CBF all the linux geeks bitching about people using windows as if they expect everyone to put on those fuckin geeksquad fagbadges and learn all of the nerd shit some linux distros require.

This weekend I will download this. I need to buy a few new SATA drives before I install Linux (I have enough problems atm with my HD and CBF the headaches of a second OS). I like the eye candy BS and I seen a few of those screenshots before going "CBF 5 MINUTES A GODDAMN PICTURE" ... I'll check it all out this weekend whenst I'm on broadband.

<3nig.
    linux(ubuntu atleast) is a million times easier to istall than windows. its just a bit different.
    I have installed it...I forget which version...before 6, tho. It's easier for US because we know what we're doing and what things are...but a lot of old fuckers who barely know how to email aren't going to know how to do it unless it's graphical.

Ubuntu has done an AMAZING job at progressing to fill that gap, though.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction