Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.3

ubuntu install is 100% gui. it even runs straight from a cd without installing. how much easier could they want it? a person who could not install ubuntu would probably fuck up a windows install too.
    Then they must have implimented the GUI install starting with v6, because there was no graphical interface when I installed.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Then they must have implimented the GUI install starting with v6, because there was no graphical interface when I installed.
    I dunno what one you got, i know it had a GUI in 5.10, thats the first Ubuntu distro of Linux i tried.

Actually Ubuntu is so easy to install you can do it while you are still running the live CD, you are installing it while you are using the OS.

The only fuck up would come when people dont answer the VERY EASY questions it asks you where to install it if you have a Windows already installed on the HDD.

For newbs i would suggest you make a partition in Windows first with Partition Magic or similar software, Partition Magic even gives you a option to make Linux partitions, but thats not really needed, ya can just make it a NTFS or FAT, Ubuntu will convert it for ya.

Or even better have a seperate HDD

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Mine wasn't...I was going to try and find teh CD but I have NO idea where it is. I may have chucked it since v6 came out. It was very similar to the Debian install I did.

I definitely want to get a drive dedicated to Linux. I'm hoping that when the TB drives come out, the GB drives will drop in price. I NEED new SATA drives because this IDE one is pretty shithouse and causes problems all the time since the MOBO was built primarily for SATA.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    wow this is nice. lots of eye candy and programs. maybe too many programs. beryl is pretty damn nice. i like it alot. it runs even smoother than i thought it would on this laptop my boss gave me yesterday.

he gave me a sweet ibm thinkpad z60t 1.5ghz pentium m, 90gb hd, 2gb ram. some intel graphics card i dont know anything about. it runs beryl nicely though. the install even automatically connected me to my wireless router. pretty sweet shit.

just the desktop

when you hover the mouse in a spot it aranges the windows like this. you click one and it comes into focus.

the window transparencies are nice and subtle.
    all this stuff looks cool,makes me wanna DL and install it, however how much trouble will i run into using it with programs/gaming etc...

shouldnt run into any. if you have a spare hd you can install it there or you can tell it to resize your current hd and make a new partition. when you turn the computer on it asks if you want to boot into windows or linux. it shouldnt even touch your windows install.

actually you dont even have to install it. you can play around with it by just booting from the cd. its a fully functioning OS right from the DVD.
    Surprised you didn't SS the CUBE.

cbf it. everyone has seen it. its not that cool imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I just know you are gonna fuck it up when ya go to install it :P
    This is why Linux is always going to come up short in the OS market until they get it together. Lots of great milestones achieved so far...but really not enough. I CBF all the linux geeks bitching about people using windows as if they expect everyone to put on those fuckin geeksquad fagbadges and learn all of the nerd shit some linux distros require.

This weekend I will download this. I need to buy a few new SATA drives before I install Linux (I have enough problems atm with my HD and CBF the headaches of a second OS). I like the eye candy BS and I seen a few of those screenshots before going "CBF 5 MINUTES A GODDAMN PICTURE" ... I'll check it all out this weekend whenst I'm on broadband.

<3nig.
    I think Spyder's a homophobe
    Me love you long time.