Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kyle playing with windows goes wrong.

did you just type that backwards or what?
    I guess, I am just happy I didn't fuck shit up.
    How do I get beryl to work?

are you running ultimate or what?
    http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index....buntu/Edgy/XGL

http://www.ubuntuforums.org - can answer just about any question about ubuntu
    no i dont have dvds to burn it to.
    i can always put that in and linux will upgrade to it right?

no it wont. you will have to go through the same install process you just went through. not that its that horrible. just back up your data like before.
    alright, is this ultimate version a lot better?

depends on what you think better is. it comes preinstalled with every desktop envrionment(gnome, KDE, Beryl, Enlightenment) and pretty much every piece of software you will ever need. now that comes at a price. its going to take up a lot more room on the hd then reg ubuntu. but 10gb should be enough.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I had a BZ day, went to see my dad at the hospital, he has a tentative release date of June 1st and I need to build a handicap ramp to some BS federal specifications for his house before he comes home .

Anywayz, I see ya got Linux installed, frankly I have read a lot of problems with the new 7.04, mostly display issues with laptops and flat panels.

I run the Ultimate Edition, it has just about everyfuckin thing you would want already on the disk, and it's a pretty painless install.

Maybe you could just play around with regular Ubuntu for a few days and see how ya like it, but if ya want all the bells and whistles I suggest ya buy a blank DVD and load in Ultimate

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Alright, I will do that. Sounds like a good idea Buk. I am having a hard time with installing beryl on the computer now.

I seem to remember you have a Nvidia card, did you install the open GL drivers?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

In case you still want Ultimate you can get it here.
    http://ubuntusoftware.info/Ubuntu_Ultimate_1.3/

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.