Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
Quote Originally Posted by KMS
Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
I want to do it, but I don't want to have to go any more in debt than I am atm just for a game server. Tough timez fer spyder friend. There are no computer jobs atm (except for one I put my resume in for) and no moniez 2 move etc
Thought u had a job. It seems like you keep saying this over and over. I'm gonna start calling you Joel.
I guess u can take the kid out of nebraska, but u can't take the nebraska outta the kid. lolol
Contract work. It comes and goes...typically one will pay off bills and such. Pretty much all PHP/web contracts on the internet goes to people who can barely speak english (aka India) so it's not any use trying to get any work outside of the local area...which doesn't have much to go around. For some reason, every business likes to go over to the local shitty ISP that does web sites as well. Horrid sites...shitty service...etc. But this is a pretty conservative part of California and every business owner is super loyal to their business friends. It's hard enough to get ANY job around here because they prefer to hire their own (the people who grew up here).

Thanks for making sure to go out of your way to kick me when I'm down. It's not like I don't already feel like absolute shit that I can barely pay my bills already. Nope...the Vegan from San Francisco is clearly a class act and has to be a prick about it (which you seem to be more and more of as time goes by).
I was joking, sry it bothered u. I hope everything makes a turn for the better for you.

Have u tried to contact the ISP for gigs? It's likely they have more work than they can handle, or they may just throw clients ur way, cause ISPs hate to do any hand-holding, etc.

What are the common industries in ur neck of the woods? (pun intended)
Do you have any other part-time job? Have you thought about prostituting urself as a home computer repair guy? Likely you'll make contacts of ppl who are in business for themselves and they need a website, or need someone to tell them what they need, etc.

No ISP is gonna go to someone's home, so that could be an opportunity.

edit: Again, sry for the joke, it was a lil cold, but I thought u'd laugh at it. my bad.

GL