Thread: Been Thinking..

about gore AV, the ad's. i wonder how they will be fetched?

will they be fetched thru a secure socket? or will they be fecthed thru standard winsock api's or inet api's.

will they be text ads? or will they be mainly banner size'd ad's?
    i wonder what part of the gui they will show up on.
    will the fetching of the ad's be hard coded into the .exe alongside the network code? or will a third party .dll be needed for this?

oh thats another thing, i heard the network code was changed. is it changed in the way a client connects to a server? or a server broadcast's to a client? or both?

if both, will the gamespy proto still be used?

also heard the compiler was changed to a microsoft compiller. so it's a (Microsoft Visual Studio) application now? is it .NET? and how exactly will the new .NET code fix an issue with the "ad agency" and most importantly, how much lag will this new .NET code and ad's constantly showing up give the gore community? because wont the ad's be fetched thru TCP/IP proto, but the main game network code is written in UDP proto.

oh and the site for it, what kinda things do you have in store for that dave?
    will the site be php? cause i've been thinking. (would be badass if it was all written in ASP.NET 2.0) and if you dont know that language it's really easy to learn.

and to the gore communtiy, will you actually be changing over to the new gore AV or will you still be playing the old one as well?

someone plz reply to this shit, i'm curious about it.

kthnx
    well i dunno what to tell ya lol..

but i know some other games that have ingame ads.. planetside is the worst they have animated ads with sound, but you can block the addreses with your firewall so its not so annoying.

if hte ads dont make sounds in gore ill keep em. if theyre annoying im blockin em!

been use'n radhost 1.8 with sms 2.3 Rev 2 on my ps2, shit rocks man. the HOST access to the ps2 is SOOO much faster then ps2net ps2 net data rate is only like 689kbps where as HOST is like 300mb + it PWNZ
    I heard that they ARE going to use GS still since technically it's still Gore which wouldn't require them to pay for a new license.

I'm on dialup, so it would take me awhile to get around to upgrade. I might completely quit by that time since the autoupdates would rape my connection if they were constantly doing 5 MB updates.

I think most people will go to GoreAV...but how long they stay there remains to be seen. It needs to get really popular and make money so they update the thing once in awhile...otherwise some may take the maps from it and go back to the Gore. I know about a few of the new features and a lot of people will probably like them enough to stay with that version.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    i predict a flop and then joel goes out Chris Benoit style.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    i predict a flop and then joel goes out Chris Benoit style.
    LMFAO, thats so horrible yet, so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.
    LOOOL same!

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    LOOOL same!
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow