Thread: Ron Paul doing well despite polls

Interesting snippet:

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani may lead the polls and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney might have the most money among GOP presidential candidates, but Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) clearly leads his Republican colleagues in online support, and his second-quarter fundraising figures will reflect this, the campaign said Friday.

Paul leads all Republicans in YouTube channel views with nearly 2.1 million, according to the popular video website. The next closest Republican is Romney, who has fewer than 700,000 channel views. Only Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has more among all presidential candidates, with close to 5.2 million.

ut Paul’s communications director, Jesse Benton, pointed out that the Texan’s channel has been up and running only three months, while Obama has had a YouTube channel since September of last year.

Among YouTube channel subscribers, Paul is blowing away all competition, with 19,328 as of Friday morning, more than twice as many as Obama.

The Texas lawmaker also leads the GOP field in Facebook supporters and MySpace friends.

Benton credited Paul’s message with the online success, saying it is “really connecting with voters.”

Although Paul is widely viewed as an also-ran, the online support is translating in a bump in the polls, according to the campaign. In addition, several factors also contribute to Paul’s under-performance in traditional polls, Benton said.

For example, the Texas lawmaker has a lot of young followers, many of whom do not use landlines anymore and are not captured in telephone polls.
    I think it's very interesting that a shitbag like Rudy Giuliani is currently leading the polls, but I like how nobody really give a shit about him in real life. The polls are definitely flawed because it's only a sample of land line users -- I know I've never been called, nor has anyone I know.

That online popularity shows, IMO, that the real people care about what he's saying and are genuinely interested in his positions/what he is about. Even though Giuliani has the most support, it's obvious nobody is paying attention to what he has to say (he tries not to say much anyways because it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time) and certainly aren't subscribing to hear him drone on about 9/11 (so everyone forgets what a pile of shit politician he was before 9/11).

I'll post some more stuff on Ron soon. I have some interesting stuff in my email I think too.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    To make Ron Paul your myspace friend (it's almost up to 50k ATM!!) log into myspace (duh idiot) and click this link:

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=158537123

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    ALREADY DID FRIEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow