Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Physics of an Extra-Terrestrial Civilization

http://www.mkaku.org/articles/physics_of_et.html

VERY good read, I'm going to share this article with the Uberworlds team and see if we can work on aligning our game with some of the aspects in it (our second project is going to be an mmo based in a steampunk / post-apocalyptic / futuristic universe)
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    http://www.mkaku.org/articles/physics_of_et.html

VERY good read, I'm going to share this article with the Uberworlds team and see if we can work on aligning our game with some of the aspects in it (our second project is going to be an mmo based in a steampunk / post-apocalyptic / futuristic universe)
    If it's post-apocalyptic, I doubt the human race will still be around :P

I'm sure you know that the most accurate calander (the Mayan's I believe) ends at 2012. Maybe the ends coming for us soon. :O I honestly can't wait and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    this isnt politics
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

I still have hope for humanity.

Read this ninja:

http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/maya.htm

A "New world age" could mean anything. Hopefully good! (ron paul 0

Damn, that's very interesting... I still can't wait and see what happens December 21, 2012.
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Well, as far as the fall of the Mayan Empire ... research suspects that it had a lot to do with how their culture was ran, such as bad agricultural practices and clear-cutting their forests around them (which is interesting as it is in stark contrast to the mention of trees being so desirable and essential to human life according to the crawford2000 article). Also it was a pretty brutal and cut-throat society, so it's not surprising that eventually when things went bad different sects fought each other for control whilst failing farmers and families moved to other societies. That said, I'm not sure how one can put all their trust in Mayan findings. They weren't ALWAYS right otherwise they would have done quite a few things differently and would not have disappeared.

Even if they're right, the world will not end. Just read the article: "The present world age will end and a new world age will begin." The Earth just begins a new cycle in which it "wobbles" and is not really anything like the sun starting to die or something that would end the world.

Our world is so advanced and connected that wars are becoming less of actual fights and more of instantaneous death and dis-advancement (meaning, the second you press that big red button to remove a society/country from the face of the planet, you are in effect slowing down the planet/world society's advancements - plus someone else may press the big red button on you - and if this happened to a lot of countries, it would ruin progress). Thus, fighting and destroying is becoming less and less of a valid option and diplomacy is not only the most effective way of dealing with issues but it is becoming the only way to work things out. You can see the vast differences in how third world societies deal with their problems/issues vs. a society as advanced as the US/UK/EU, etc. Heck, just look at how the younger/technologically savvy generation in America/UK/EU are so vastly different than the older generations (people in our government for instance).

I think the interconnecting of our nations and the rapid advancements we see everyday (vs. even decades ago it took longer for major advancements in things like technology to take place) just goes to show that our world society is advancing at a more rapid speed every 5-10 years. Our generation has become accustomed to relearning/adjusting to new technology all the time, whereas our grandparents typically are unable to learn new things because although they seen significant advancements in their day, they were not readjusting to new things as rapidly as we do today.

A good example of this is the advancement of television vs the personal computer. In 1936, there were about 200 television sets in the world vs in 1998 there were a billion (1). In 1999, the first portable digital audio players arrived (2)...and today, not even 10 years later, they have sold well over 100 million devices (with iPod announcing it's 100 millionth sold in April 2007 (3), considering Zune has already sold 1 million since it's debut in late 2006, and the amount of other brands sold such as Creative - which has a bunch of different styles/models, Samsung, Sandisk, etc) and not even taking into account that other portal devices such as PDA's and cell phones now play music. I would go as far as to say that the Television did not hit 100 million sales before it's 10 year mark (after the personal TV was created) and the MP3 player is far more of a niche market than a TV (as it's not seen as a "vital" invention) nor is it widely available in third world and developing nations (LOL @ mental image of an Iranian iPod commercial with the black silhouettes dancing around with their iPod with women dressed in burkas and terrorists - saman - dancing around with a c4 vest and signs saying 'death to America').

I read something about SETI in that article - how it only looks for signals from space in one or two formats. Like 6 months, one of my good friends (and very trustworthy) told me about his cousin working for SETI and how they've been receiving incredibly interesting signals that they haven't been revealing to the public. If that's true, that's pretty fucking gay that they wouldn't reveal that stuff. Since they have to deal with a lot of government financing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a gag order in place by the government as they seem to want to horde all things space. The FAA has notoriously imposed strict gag orders on airline pilots who have claimed to seen UFOs in similar fashion to our military banning their pilots from discussing similar events.

I've kinda got off topic atm. The article is very interesting stuff though. I'm most interested in the idea of wormholes (especially what Einstein talked about) and how that stuff works. The article mentioned a little on that, but not much at all really. The way I understand it as Einstein wrote, the world is basically a flat layer and the laws of physics allows for the ability to fold space in half and open a wormhole to where you want to go. I've been meaning to get some books on his writings concerning this stuff.

----------------------------------------

Sources:
    1) The Invention of Television - About.com
    http://inventors.about.com/od/tstart...ision_Time.htm

2) History of MP3 - About.com
    http://inventors.about.com/od/mstart.../a/MPThree.htm

3) Wikipedia - iPod
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod#Sales

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    ^^can i get a summary
    ^^^ Can I get the "Cliff Notes"
    If you thought I meant the end of the world, then I mixed up my words. I believe it will be the end of humanity, or the new beginning. Which means it will start all over again thus meaning we won't be around. I'm not really a superstitious person, but I do like to keep an open mind about many things. So all I have to say is something might happen in 2012, and if something does, I can't wait to see what happens.