Thread: 2007 VG Stratocaster

Since this is the "Technology" section I thought this was a good place for this as it is "Technology".

FENDER recently released a new Stratocaster which is pretty fuken cool. It looks like a standard Stratocaster but if you notice it has 2 extra knobs. One is for "Tune" and the other is for "Mode". Both of these knobs when used make the guitar sound pretty fuken amazing as it can basically change the sound of the guitar without having to use another device (sound/distortion pedals)

* TUNE is for changing the tuning of the guitar (without having to actually re-tune the guitar by hand which is what you usually have to do). All together there are 6 different tunings it can be played in (one being standard).

* MODE is for playing in different types of digital modes. For example you can play in a standard "stratocaster" sound, or you can turn the knob and play in a "telecaster" sound, and there are others such as different acoustic sounds. Or you can make it sound like it has humbucking pickups (that old school Gibson Les Paul distortion sound). All together you have 37 different sounds.

One bad point, its' not cheap: $1699.99

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA442Cqzaxk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PA442Cqzaxk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    that is pretty interesting. Too expensive for me though : /
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    Yeah join the club, $1699.99 is not cheap, but if it sells well they may make a lower end guitar later on.

I think the part I find most interesting is the tuning part. I mean if you have ever been to a concert, you'll notice guitarist(s) often change guitars inbetween songs. They do this because not all of their songs are in the same tuning (key), so they have to switch guitars inbetween those songs.

But it's cool for the "average guitarist" (who may own one guitar) as when their sitting around playing for fun normally they would have to re-tune the guitar before playing a song (or the song sounds odd).
    lol damn that is cool. I'm sure my dad will get one of these...so maybe next summer he'll have it and perhaps I'll go over there to play it very cool stuff though.

Still <3 my Les Paul over my Strat, though.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by m@nc0w
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    Yeah join the club, $1699.99 is not cheap, but if it sells well they may make a lower end guitar later on.

I think the part I find most interesting is the tuning part. I mean if you have ever been to a concert, you'll notice guitarist(s) often change guitars inbetween songs. They do this because not all of their songs are in the same tuning (key), so they have to switch guitars inbetween those songs.

But it's cool for the "average guitarist" (who may own one guitar) as when their sitting around playing for fun normally they would have to re-tune the guitar before playing a song (or the song sounds odd).
    Yeah, I know about the changing of the guitars with a different tune etc. That's what got me interested too. Unless you're really good at getting your note with the first try, this is very helpful.
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    It's sorta cool in that you could do it so easily with the guitar which would be handy in a gig, but these sorta things tend to be jack-of-all-trades/master of none types.

I assume they must be digitizing the the audio inside the guitar and adding these effects. Cause I don't see how they could fit all those coils, etc. And I assume they do the tuning digitally too, which would be kinda weird. So the note coming off the strings is different than coming out the speakers.

Changing the fundamental pitch of a note isn't the same as playing a different note, cause the harmonics tend to be a lil different.

TBH, CBF with a guitar brought to you by Fender & Roland.

Also I've never been all that fond of the Strat (just personal style), altho I do like the Tele.
    Don't Fear Teh Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by KMS
    TBH, CBF with a guitar brought to you by Fender & Roland.

Also I've never been all that fond of the Strat (just personal style), altho I do like the Tele.
    I like teh gibsons.
    It looks like a typical strat with that digital stuff added, so it's not really a big deal. If you're a purist, then I assume that you don't use foot pedals either nor would you use digital amps (which are widely used these days).

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction