Thread: Team Fortress 2 Beta

For those who don't know, those who pre-order the Orange Box over steam will get free access into the Team Fortress 2 Beta starting tomorrow (as well as a $5 discount). Anyone else has theirs preordered yet, or who's going to be getting TF2 at all when it officially releases?
    ill probably get tf2. i loved TFC, infact im trying to get my cdkeys reset off my old account so i can get TFC back to play.
    I am getting TFC2 FOR SURE!! I loved TFC

What's Team Fortress ???
    I only know a band called Team Fortress

But after I read DS saying something about a cdkey, I assume that it's a game

it was originally a mod for Quake 2. Then the folks at Valve(Half life) made the same mod for Half life. it was extremely popular. Team Fortress2 has followed the same sort life as the new Duke Nukem. They say its being made, then its not being made, then they're making it again, but finally they released some gameplay footage and are including it in Orangebox. its basically just ctf with different classes. its gore without stam and equal classes on each side. hella fun tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    it was originally a mod for Quake 2. Then the folks at Valve(Half life) made the same mod for Half life. it was extremely popular. Team Fortress2 has followed the same sort life as the new Duke Nukem. They say its being made, then its not being made, then they're making it again, but finally they released some gameplay footage and are including it in Orangebox. its basically just ctf with different classes. its gore without stam and equal classes on each side. hella fun tbh.
    To add on to what was said here, there's more then just CTF. There's capture mode where you have to grab all 5 capture nodes to win the game. Distinct classes (medic, heavy, demolition, pyro, engineer, scout, etc. though they don't change depending on which side you're on like Gore) and no stam system (but not possible to bunnyhop). Classes like engineers can build turrents and ammo machines, medics have a special gun that allows them to heal players and also put them into uber-mode (invincible for like 10 seconds), etc. I miss playing TF on Quake 2....
    That sounds like fun DS...and DS...

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    oh it is. my account was reset last night so ive been noobing around in TFC. fun times. btw spyder you should go add the rest of those emoticons to the forums.
    I just bought the orange box today, still waiting for TFC2 to get down downloading. Damn thing is slow as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    btw spyder you should go add the rest of those emoticons to the forums.
    Duno, I cbf having a forum full of gay emotes...I don't think the other ones are nearly as funny and don't have the staying power that the Keenan one has.

Anyways, I don't have FTP access anymore (reformat woez)

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction