Thread: Student Tasered at John Kerry Visit

A University of Florida student was tasered after “disturbing the peace“ at a school forum with John Kerry.

A University of Florida student was arrested after disturbing the peace at a school event. The event was an appearance by former presidential candidate John Kerry.

According to the AP, the student, Andrew Meyer, spent one night in jail after his shenanigans and was released soon afterwards.

According to an AP report, Meyer was heckling the crowd and Kerry, asking him about the 2004 presidential election and his involvement with the Skull and Bones society. The article said multiple officers held on to the vocal student, bringing him down, while he screamed and shouted and was ultimately tazered.

The Associated Press article states that "Meyer was arrested on charges of resisting an officer and disturbing the peace, according to Alachua County jail records, but the State Attorney's Office had yet to make the formal charging decision. Police recommended charges of resisting arrest with violence, a felony, and disturbing the peace and interfering with school administrative functions, a misdemeanor."

The student also runs a shock-joke website, and it is unclear whether or not this was simply meant to be another shock and awe video bite for his viewers or a genuine impassioned desire to talk to Senator John Kerry.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1184379860

That seems harsh but cbf him running a website and probably wanted to be a smartass about it, plus it looked as if he was "disturbing the peace" too.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay
    well it was retarded for the cops to get involved but he was fighting them.
    Funny thing about this video is that there is something missing from it that is quite important . . .

If you notice the police are already behind him when he is up at the mic. Reason being: he walked up to the mic when this "open forum" was over (everyone else had stood up and asked their quetions). He walked up to the mic and asked his quetions (when the event was over with).

http://www.starbanner.com/article/20.../BREAKING_NEWS

te the 3rd paragraph*

Toward the conclusion of Kerry's UF forum, Meyer approached an open microphone at the University Auditorium and demanded Kerry answer his questions. The student claimed that University Police Department officers had already threatened to arrest him, and then proceeded to question Kerry about why he didn't contest the 2004 presidential election and why there had been no moves to impeach President Bush.

^ none of this is shown in the video, infact I find it quite odd that none of that is shown (on purpose?). The video makes it out as if he simply stood up like everyone else and asked a simple question when infact that is not what happened. TBH I think he did this for a stunt, maybe looking for a lawsuit (easy money).
    tbh you can tell something is up. even the crowd kind of cheered when the cops asked him to leave. i think with all those cops there they could carried him out with having to use tasers. but the guy is a moron none the less. i figure he just wanted something to up his blog hits and make him some adsense money.
    Here is a different point of view (cam)

One thing I read in the miami herald
    "According to a police report, Meyer also asked a woman to tape his exchange with Kerry but officers differed as to whether she was a friend. One officer said the woman was "there to film him" and that Meyer asked, "Are you taping this? Do you have this? You ready?" before beginning his question."

If that is true then he was probably up to no good. This may be THIS video as its' filmed from behind him (or next to him).