Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athiests of America

Interesting site. A HS friend of mine makes the comics. This is a site that the atheists will probably like best...and people who at least think a bit about religion/spirituality.

http://americanatheist.net/

I've only quickly ran through the articles, but they looked fine and interesting.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Allah forbid someone else's religious beliefs are different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.
    Another typical atheists!
    Yeah I cbf atheists. I've met many in high school even middle school and most of them are assholes. The ones I'VE met think they know everything, concerning everything.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay
    I consider myself an agnostic. I act like an asshole to a bible-thumper friend of my brothers, because he's a goddamn idiot. He's 18, still smokes pot, gets drunk, and has stolen shit from our house (a $200 video mp3/mp4 player comes to mind, and my $50 cd player I had for 3 years - he stole that about a year and a half ago, ps2 game(s), etc., and tries to sleep with girls as young as 12. He came in one day and was spewing some bible shit because he knew thought I was atheist, he was like "Cody why are you an atheist?" I told him I was an agnostic; considering myself a seeker of the truth. He was like "Well, I've already found the truth." and I started flicking him off and he was like "why are you doing that" and I replied "oh I'm sorry I thought you were blind." it was awesome. Other countless ownings, include hacking his myspace and putting a bunch of pictures on it making fun of the bible (a pic of a bible with one those explicit material stickers on it, replaced his display pic with shitting dicknipples (you don't want to see this one btw.) a pic of a guy fucking a whale (real.) and a bunch of other awesome shit. For books, I put "I enjoy reading Science Fiction novels such as: The Bible" etc. It was awesome, lasted for a couple of hours, it was more of a prank than anything though.

The morale of the story: I don't want to hear your bible-thumping bullshit. You'd have better luck selling your story at a star trek convention or something.

There are some basic principles that I agree with; following rules and laws, having morals, etc. I believe more in a personal god (and the law of attraction lulz?) than I do a extra-dimensional god.

Also, some studies are showing that certain primeates are developing morals; thus concieving that morals are developed with evolution, and not by the might of god

I found a great webpage with some awesome quotes on it a few months ago on digg and bookmarked it http://www.vagabox.com/vagabox01.html

Here are some of my favorites:
    The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
    ~ Denis Diderot
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
    ~ Albert Einstein
    A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
    ~ Albert Einstein
    Religion, comprises a system of wishful illusions together with a disavowal of reality, such as we find in an isolated form nowhere else but in amentia, in a state of blissful hallucinatory confusion.
    ~ Sigmund Freud
    Saman, this is for you:
    The ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the martyr.
    ~ Prophet Muhammad
    Favorite:
    If god created us in his image we have certainly returned the compliment.
    ~ Voltaire
    And there are a shitton more on the page, all are pretty great imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

you fucking idiots have terrible memory imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    btw,
    I don't think primates could develop morals in the short time we have been observing them, but then again im not an expert
    To clarify, I should have said they have found *traces* of morality. If a chimp is drowning, they will try to pull it out of the water, etc.

Lol, to counter saman's atheist drawing I drew something, I couldn't really think of anything too good though

The unfinished one I was going to draw a priest jacking off to nickelodeon lol.

Well, Einstine did come from germany. It doesn't seem that surprising if he had a friend that was for nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    thats not what i was trying to imply, i was just saying becuase you are really academically smart( IE, Neils Bore) that does not give weight to social comments you make