Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEWSWEEK: Vatican Sex Sting

What translation is that from? I don't even think the word "homosexual" is an Aramaic word (the language the Bible was originally written in).

I have an Aramaic Bible upstairs, I'll have to check that. Chances are good that the Bible you got that from was one of the heavily-modified translations.
    that second line may not be from an older version but i can promise you its in there implying or clearly saying the same thing... i dont feel like finding it atm sice its 3 in the morning but homosexuality is huge no no if youre a christrian.

the "modified" versions would be the versions that accept homosexuality.

i googled a little bit.... and here ya go, a bunch of versions all "modified" in some sort of way

ASV: (American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Darby: (J.N. Darby Translation, 1890): "And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them."
    ESV: (English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

HNV: (Hebrew Names Version): "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

LB: (Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have brought it upon themselves."

NASB: (New American Standard Bible): "'If {there is} a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. "

Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves." 1

NIV: (New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

NKJV: (New King James Version) "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

NLT: (New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a capital offense."

RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Webster: (Noah Webster Version, 1833): "If a man also shall lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them."

Young: (Robert Young Literal Translation, 189 "And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them."

are you guys calling for death to the homos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    No. We don't want to lose half of our clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    What translation is that from? I don't even think the word "homosexual" is an Aramaic word (the language the Bible was originally written in).

I have an Aramaic Bible upstairs, I'll have to check that. Chances are good that the Bible you got that from was one of the heavily-modified translations.
    It's from the NIV (the new international version), one of the (if not the) most commonly used translation now days.

http://www.anointedlinks.com/why_niv.html

So, no, it's not "heavily-modified" at all my friendly friend. It mostly just takes out words like "lieth" and "hath" etc that we don't normally use in today's modern language, among other similar things.
    what's so wrong if the aramic had a word that's similar to homosexual? It only means "same sex"; it's not like its a bad word or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    what's so wrong if the aramic had a word that's similar to homosexual? It only means "same sex"; it's not like its a bad word or anything.
    I don't think anybody said that'd be a bad thing.
    I know, but spyder made it sound like they wouldn't have a word similar to it in their language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    No. We don't want to lose half of our clan.
    ^ made me lol'.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay