Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Luv Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I got the map when it came out from a friendly on the forum..but I don't kiss and tell.
    Frankly all you fucks prolly got it and don't give a rats ass about IT OR other shit that Joel is doing.
    Krijack was a great mapmaker, but its all been done b4.
    Wonder why he left?
    Duh!! To make cash.
    Lets face it the guy had to move in with Joel, that didn't last long.
    There are shitloads of 10 year olds that make maps all the time for diff games throughout the years, I think Krijack realized finally that this is just a Quake mod, and he was making maps just like other people make for Quake..UT or other FPS.

If any of ya ever seen the 1000's of maps made for Duke Nukem back in the day ya would figure out that all this shit has been done b4..
    even his so called new ideas, it's a Quake mod ya dumb asses, I't always has been.

OK, I'm done with My rant.

DUUUUKE NUUUUKEEEEEM THREEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    did that whole thread get deleted? I forgot what it was called, but I cant seem to find it anywhere.
    same here. i went to see what was new in there and it was gone.
    Yeah, I searched for it awhile ago because it was pretty funny and I've quoted from it before...I just figured I sucked at searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    did that whole thread get deleted? I forgot what it was called, but I cant seem to find it anywhere.
    same here. i went to see what was new in there and it was gone.
    Yeah, I searched for it awhile ago because it was pretty funny and I've quoted from it before...I just figured I sucked at searching.
    When I read China's comment that was the first thing I thought of, I searched for fucking 20 minutes and could not fucking find it. I recall it being about that $5 map and someone (I cant' recall who, but I believe it was a nwp member) posted the 4Drulers link to the map download and said something like "it wasnt' to hard to find".

At least we can agree on two things now: 1.) a nwp member did steal it & 2.) we do not suck at searcghing
    I'm not sure how you could actually say it was stolen, well I guess ya could say that but the truth is who the fuck wanted to spend 5 bucks for a map?
    There was no key or anything needed so wtf did he think was going to happin?

FFS we got a separate section on stuff thats just warez..how many people here are so innocent that they don't download software, games, movies etc....

I don't give a rats ass about Joel, his scheming ways to milk the last penny out of the few people who will give it to him is disgusting.
    He needs to move on, this dream of his is gonna shatter and I still say he kills himself in 2 years, maybe less.

I don't even have the game installed, lots of people on this forum as well as the 4D forum either don't play anymore or don't even have the game on their HDD anymore.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    this dream of his is gonna shatter and I still say he kills himself in 2 years, maybe less.

LOL

LOL cbf some of the bs in this thread.

I dunno maybe I can try to explain some of it so it makes more sense:

I often cringe at times because I work with him on a daily basis for the most part and know for the most part how he really is, but he's so busy with stuff that at times when he does finally post something it can come off really dodge. So I cringe kind of because I can see how people are going to get a funny idea.

About the free Gore I saw one comment here that was inaccurate though. To be clear, the free version isn't delayed until we get 50,000 downloads. What is happening is the free version is out ASAP, but ads will just not appear in the game unless we get 50,000 downloads and the ad company is still interested at that point. So most likely situation, it comes out free and there are no ads, and maybe they get patched in later.

The reason for the delay was originally it was going to be retail Gore with ads shit into it. As we went I decided to fix up the menus and HUD, then one thing led to another and we were doing all these overhauls while waiting for programming to get done. At this point we had figured that given what has been done we may as well touch up the remaining maps before release. Aside from that there are some bugs right now anyway that fuck up games sometimes, which is why we haven't passed out free keys for additional testers just yet.

Krijak left a while back I think because he got a girlfriend or something. I seriously doubt he went on to make some fat cash or anything like that. As far as my being "laid off", he just means he isn't paying me to sit and work full time. So I'm back to the usual periodic checks as I finish random big chunks of work.

Thing with Joel is he's kind of a workerson and as tons to do. Like I just make game shit, but he does that as well as handling financial and business side of things. Publisher relations etc. So at times he looks weird to Gore players because he had developed a tendency to only post when situations were bad because if things are good then he is usually just working nonstop.

We also shifted so that we aren't totally relying on the hope of ads. The primary focus is to make the game free, and then ad fluff features to the premium versions to entice people to buy a premium key.

If Gore doesn't work out we have a pretty original idea for a non Gore related MP game, and think its good enough to where we might be able to get people to stop fucking around and give us a real budget and time line so its not another barebones bargain bin game. We're talking to someone right now about it but it always takes forever before anything ever happens.
    FFS we got a separate section on stuff thats just warez..how many people here are so innocent that they don't download software, games, movies etc....
    That's actually a good point. Kinda dodge that m@nc0w will complain that someone stole a $5 map...but is perfectly willing to download/upload and distribute music and software that is much more expensive.

At this point, it doesn't matter who has the map...because textures have been optimized and enlarged beyond 256x256 (which Gore retail does not support), so the one released for testing with Gore would not even work in SE (practically making it a Gore retail only map).
    Lead, I have NEVER spoke bad about you in any thread, I got a E-Mail from Joel a while back that I may share with the forum but it just verifies my basic point.
    We all know ya have talent, as does Joel..no question.
    but the fact really remains that this is really just a Quake mod from day one, if for some reason you don't seem to see it then ya haven't played Quake or Quake mods for a while, ffs The game is becoming MORE like quake all the time, its been done before years ago.
    NOBODY questions your determination to the game, but IMHO, Joel is milking this thing so dry for every last dime he can squeeze out of "The Faithfull" it really looks silly as a outsider looking in, read other game forums.
    He is on the verge of being one of the laughing stocks of the game industry, maybe NOT by the industry itself..but by gamers.

He just doesn't get it

I wish you well in the future Lead, ya got raw talent that needs to be exposed to the mases, sadly this.. IMHO is a ship thats gonna sink, and you deserve to stay afloat for all the work ya put in, I think the best 2 maps in Gore are Brooklyn and Gothic, and I kinda like Coal Miners Slaughter for CTF..I dunno how to end this post cept i think the entire Gore community owes you a beer cus ya gave it your all, hopefully its not for nothing, you WILL do well , but not with 4D, but ya got your foot in the door anyhow.

Pay Cartman and the other fuckers that he squezzed for cash back, then start over.
    I don't see how he lives with himself day to day really.
    As you see Cartman has moved on, write it off as a loss I guess..OR just a very bad judgement call in a persons character..maybe both.

EDIT:
    I thought Krijak's GF died and he was heartbroken..
    Ahhhh.. shit, good man that Krijak, find another chick quickly..keep the cock wet

Also..Whats a workerson?
    Thing with Joel is he's kind of a workerson

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    At this point, it doesn't matter who has the map...because textures have been optimized and enlarged beyond 256x256 (which Gore retail does not support), so the one released for testing with Gore would not even work in SE (practically making it a Gore retail only map).
    Thats a pretty good point really, the ONE MAP FOR 5 BUCKS came out what?.. about 6-8 months ago? And it would be worthless as well as the maps that the community made if all the textures are going to increase?
    prolly not, those maps will still be playable at lower res but then whats the point of making the game "pretty" anyhow, Gore's strong point is MP and gameplay, never has and NEVER will be cutting edge (or even close to cutting edge) graphics's. Stamina increases, Joel himself said He likes playing Quake and he is just making the game more and more like it..
    Play Open Arena,its free and has great graphics compared to Gore.
    For that matter there are lots of free FPS games out there that have GREAT game play.
    I don't know a shitload about game engines but there are free ones available that do just what AMPII does and more from what I have read. Maybe I'm wrong, but remember..they are FREE and the specs say they do the same thing as AMPII.
    I have never seen any other game made with AMP II, even though the engine was trying to be sold and there was some interest (Ridiculously discounted prices in the last year or so btw) I don't know of any games that are being developed with it, maybe I'm wrong cus games take time, but AMP II is gonna be archaic when these games if there are any come out.
    And the so called Gore "SE" is using AMP I , albeit a modified version.
    Maybe it's time to call in a guy like LordHavoc that made the Darkplaces engine from Quake, last I heard he was looking for a new project, althogh its unlikely but not out of the question he would be interested.
    But he only does GNU GPL. Quake 1,2 and 3 are open source..perhaps ya can rip off that code to get the bots to move, ever play Quake Arena CTF with bots?
    Makes Gores AI look just plain silly.

And all this time you want $50.00 for Gore SE?
    Somebody ought to be ashamed of them selfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead
    I often cringe at times because I work with him on a daily basis for the most part and know for the most part how he really is, but he's so busy with stuff that at times when he does finally post something it can come off really dodge. So I cringe kind of because I can see how people are going to get a funny idea.
    Must have been real BZ over the last year makin mods for Oblivion ehh, no time for Gore?

Yeah..i did EDIT it to add the last part in..I just HAD to

Still luv ya Lead :P

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    I can see how it might sound more Quakeish. Stamina wasn't completely cut though. It was mainly just tweaked so people can sustain running like they are actually soldiers and not fat slobs. If you get hit hard with something you can still find yourself down in stamina. It more just reduces situations where you are 75 stamina from running around, and then the first shot when you find someone takes you down to 50 stamina and you are fucked. It aids situations like CTF as well because you don't get tired out just patroling your own base and getting pickups so you won't suck ass.

I'm mainly looking forward to when the free version is finally out and any hard feelings over the current pay as only option to play for now is over. I think for basic gamers Gore can be a funnish game to play for free and every now and then we'll get a premium key sold based on the new features they will get from it. Hopefully by then the premium keys will just be like 20 bucks or something.

Premium features to do aren't all decided yet. One I had after talking to the TS people was to get coding in Gore to integrate Teamspeak 3 so that all necessary info, notifications and join\exit\launch commands can be done\viewed from within Gore so that you never have to Alt+Tab to connect to TS servers, see who is talking or who joined\left etc. All that bs would be visible or doable from the Gore console.

This Gore thing was meant to be a short temporary project though, but has gone long. It was supposed to be a brief project that could see some basic income possibly from basic gamer noobs that play free games and might pay for a premium key, and ad revenue etc.

I'm not familar with GPL laws though. Would it allow something like using Quake AI, as long as if people requested it we only had to provide them the AI code we used and not our whole engine code or something?

Its fun working on Gore but at other times I get hoping we'd hurry up and get signed for our new game idea because it would be a breath of fresh air and fun to work on as well. To date I think all our games have at least turned profits, like apparently for Patriots the publisher doubled their money in a little under a year. So maybe we can get lucky and do our new idea with a real budget and time frame so it we won't be doing bargain bin bs again. I mean, I guess FPS noobs dig Patriots, especially in Europe apparently but it would be nice to make something better.