Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gotta Luv Deadly

I'm not sure how it would work if you use the Quake AI since its GPL now you can't use it in a commercial (for profit) game.

I like the TS idea, I would like that option in every game

I'm dunno what the other projects you have planned but I hope it's a FPS type game, it has to be frustrating working on the same old game for so long and basically catering to a small audience.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    That's actually a good point. Kinda dodge that m@nc0w will complain that someone stole a $5 map...but is perfectly willing to download/upload and distribute music and software that is much more expensive.
    Where am I complaining? I have said one thing in this entire thread about the $5 map and that was:

When I read China's comment that was the first thing I thought of, I searched for fucking 20 minutes and could not fucking find it. I recall it being about that $5 map and someone (I cant' recall who, but I believe it was a nwp member) posted the 4Drulers link to the map download and said something like "it wasnt' to hard to find".

http://forums.clan-nwp.com/showthread.php?t=3263&start=30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    Krijack was a great mapmaker, but its all been done b4.
    Wonder why he left?
    Duh!! To make cash.
    Lets face it the guy had to move in with Joel, that didn't last long.
    You should try getting some real facts before making assumptions. Had you done what I did, which was simply send Krijak a PM you would of found out why he actually left (instead of assuming why he left).

What happened to Krijak?

* He got married and moved to another state and got another job
    * He is still working for Joel in his spare time making maps for Gore SE
    Well that was fast, I remember it wasn't that long ago that his GF died and he was so distraught about it.
    And yeah..He DID leave to make cash.

I'm sure his new woman didn't want him to work for a looser like Joel, lets face it everybody that does work for him pretty much does it for free, although when Joel does contract work he charges for it.
    I hope that cash goes to pay his child support, Im sure we all remember the X Mrs Joels post that was deleted quickly a few years back..best post I ever saw on a forum..This guy is a real piece of work I tell ya.
    if ya say something hwe doesn't like on the forum he will ban ya, but for $20 he will let ya back in..WHAT THE FUCK KINDA COMPANY DOES THAT?
    Guess there is no free speech at the 4D Rulers forums.

I still can't see why the fuck ANYBODY would pay to play Gore SE, I also don't see what could be so new and innovative about it, maybe a few new maps, some better textures and some mod ideas that have all been done before in other games"Jetpack and HoloDuke from Duke Nukem idea".

I also cant see paying the price he is asking, even at a discount, ya can spend that cash on MUCH better games that are bug free and have lots of players, why pay to beta test anyway? The game is going to be free, don't ya feel just a lil bit suckered into this? It's gotta just be a loyalty thing, and he is banking on the fact that he can squeeze some cash out of the few who play the game.

The thing is all these changes he plans to make are going to start all the shit again with player unbalance, Sardo is gonna have a field day bitching about it for years to come.

The posts you made that say you don't know what the game is like because you haven't played it is pointless really, I know what the game is like, aside from being buggy it's Gore with some texture improvements and some mods.. it's just like a Quake or any of the other mods for games, this is no NEW game at all, and it certainly doesn't justify paying MORE to BETA test a 6 year old game than it's original price, shit man I bought copies of Gore for $5.00 and Best Buy had them for $9.99

EDIT:
    I just saw this posted buy Joel

Yeah one Gore SE customer told me that I should call it Gore II not Gore SE, because it's nothing like Gore any more and is like a whole new game, and we're maybe 15-20% done with it. Gaining speed fast though, I've got three mappers now combing through the levels adding high res textures pretty fast. I've got a lot of work to do on the character overhaul yet, but so far everyone seems really happy with even my big changes.
    FFS man, it's a MOD, I wouldn't even call it a expansion pack, its got 90% of all the same maps and characters in it, and ya wanna call it GORE SE or even Gore II? How many game mods or TC's that are free have shitloads more changes than this POS he is trying to sell?

The list is fuckin endless..and did I mention they are all FREE and some made by dev but most made by a game community.
    Why the fuck do ya think this is so different or "special"? It's NOT special. Joel has a few people so fuckin hooked on the game people would buy his used toilet paper ffs..
    Why Gore,? Don't these people play any other games? There are shitloads better, I know the reason is cus the same people play all the time on the same servers at roughly the same time, but most of the time it is just a chat room with a game going on in the background, if the game had a bunch of n00bs suddenly It would loose its appeal to the few who play it, this game is becoming more like the average FPS, and any good Quake player will take out a good Gore player in DM easy, even with only a few rounds of play to get to know the maps, they will also pawn at CTF, Tact will die off once the Free version comes out, most FPS players play DM and CTF, some will still play tact but it will be the least played mode, just like when Gore came out..its like that with all FPS..tact becomes a boring chat fest. good players wanna play, not sit around between rounds and chat, ya may as well be playing a RPG, or online chess ffs.

Unfuckinbelievable.

Joel..get a fuckin Job, go back to pullin out dents and doing bondo.
    Turn 4D over to Lead and Kri..
    I would actually donate cash to that venture.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.