Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I need a new laptop

Nice lappy for the road, I may get one for that price,lemmie know how everything works in Linux, I'm talking at LEAST 2-4 weeks of use, I would make this a Linux only Lap.
    Also lemmie know how the keyboard "feels".
    Some laps suck.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    i hate the keyboard on my thinkpad. i think its just because its small and has the typical laptop keys. i cant type for shit on it.
    Update:

Fry's now has this laptop for $649.

Also, the KB is pretty good. Normal size it seems. The mouse buttons seem a bit cheap, but the trackpad is good.

Also, the battery-life is only about 2.5 hours, but I think it's the same for Linux or Windows in that respect, altho haven't tested it.

Also, Fry's has 2x2GB (4GB total) notebook memory for $79 that should work w/this laptop. Gonna get some today prolly.
    Don't Fear Teh Penguin
    Great price on the mem Kaiser, The closest Frys to me is about a half hour away, is it in store or only online?..sorry I didn't check..feeling lazy today.

Lemmie know if ya get that lap how the KB is, I'm not to happy after a week with my new one, but I'm picky I guess.

BTW, EVERYTHING works great on Ultimate Ubuntu, didn't have to install ANY drivers through apt..I Luv my Ubuntu

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    mem is store only i think.

105 at purchase, but $79 after rebate.

i got it today and it works in the laptop. Woohoo 4GB. Turned off swap, and should help the battery too. I was thinking of also getting a 16GB multimedia card since the laptop has a reader built-in, and basically using that as a hard drive to be my workspace. I could prolly then put the HD to sleep.
    Don't Fear Teh Penguin