Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunnno how many of you work out, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    you do realise that sinse they are not regulated by the FDA they could put rat poison in there and you would never know until you started vomitting your guys up and died. they dont even have to test these things to sell them to you. they could be deadly but what do they care? they turned a buck. why dont you just body build naturally?

by creatine i meant that supplement shit that was VERY popular a few years ago until it showed to do extreme damage to the heart and was killing young athletes.

just because something is "all natural" doesnt mean its healthy. cyanide naturally occurs in nature but is very deadly. heroin is all natural too. natural means nothing. its just something that makes you think its ok. too much of a good thing can be deadly.
    yeah i realize that, lol no shit..... thats why i read reviews for weeks and weeks before i try anything my self, just as i did with any supplement before this, im as healthy as ever. i would body build naturally but the supplements im taking all help me make gains i normally wouldnt with out it.

i mean shit if there was a food that grew in the ground that was nothing but 97% protein id be all over that and id never buy another protein shake or bar in my life again... thats not to say i dont eat things that are high with protein... but like i said, right after a workout i take a big ass shake of "Muscle milk" its loaded with protein and it tastes damn good... no side effects either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooperz
    Dunno if you already answered/said this, but how much do you bench now days?
    maxed out a few weeks ago at 245 pounds... im not too worried about that im trying to get my squat up more than anything...

it was 325 and my goal is 375 by decemeber.... i know im doing more because 325 is now in my workout on friday afternoons for squats

by creatine i meant that supplement shit that was VERY popular a few years ago until it showed to do extreme damage to the heart and was killing young athletes.
    wtf are you talking about
    i think he means ephedra or ephedrin.... i heard about that when i tried out hydroxy cut.... the old versions of hydroxycut (no longer made) would cause cancer and many other horrile side effects to certan people with certain genetics...

dunno if this is what he's talkin about but this is what came to mind, and seems just about right :|

taken from

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/xe...drine-free.htm

Ephedrine Side Effects You Should Know (Ephedra)

Ephedrine is derived from plants of the genus Ephedra. It's most used to prevent attacks of bronchial asthma. Ephedrine acts to relieve nasal congestion, and it can also raise your blood pressure. Ephedrine comes from Ma Huang which is a Chinese herb used medically in China for hundreds of years.

Ephedrine (Ephedra) side effects include: insomnia, high blood pressure, stroke, heart attacks, restlessness, euphoria, and there have been reported death with ephedra. Ephedrine triggers a mild burst of energy, due to its similarity with epinephrine (adrenaline). It can also increase the feeling of alertness (a high), and reduced appetite.

A research conducted by New England Medical Center found that in 926 reported cases of problems associated with use of ephedrine (ephedra, or ma huang), there were 50 that were heart related, 14 sudden deaths, 13 strokes, 9 heart attacks, and 6 cases of rapid heart beats

Quote Originally Posted by keenan

wtf are you talking about
    Side effects of creatine include weight gain, muscle cramps, muscle strains and pulls, stomach upset, diarrhea, dizziness, high blood pressure, liver dysfunction, and kidney damage. The weight gain is thought to be due primarily to water retention. Creatine should not be used by anyone who already has problems kidney function, high blood pressure, or liver disease. Taking creatine supplements may prevent the body from making it's own natural stores. The long-term consequences of this are not known
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/creatine-000297.htm

i didnt find anything about deaths so ill retract that(thought it was on the news years ago, dunno for sure), but the high blood pressure can lead to heart attack. the liver and kidney problems can also lead to death.
    i enjoy sports that you dont have to work out in.. like masturbating

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan
    i enjoy sports that you dont have to work out in.. like masturbating
    moreso bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    the best "window" time to eat is right after a workout, your body is CRAVING amino acids and protein after u get done a workout..
    i just thought i should be a dick and point out that proteins ARE amino acids
    i workout

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    i workout
    LOL.

That made me chuckle inside.

WUT U BENCHING SIR SNOOPS?