Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found this interesting

Originally Posted by Joel Huenink
    I don't think we're fuct, I think that cheaters will be wiped out with Gore SE. I mean, it's going to take some time and persistence to come up with solutions, but eventually it will happen. Gore SE already has most known cheats fixed, plus you have to consider the cheaters are all people who have perfected their craft over years of boredom on a game that had no support.

So when Gore SE is public there will be 1000's of new players every month, maybe a million for all we know if it matches goretest's success... I'd say all those new people will make cheaters less then a fraction of a percent then, rather than whatever it supposedly is now.

I mentioned charging for forum access at one point and it went over about like a turd in the punch bowl.

Ok, I don't know how many of you here played GT1 and II, but I did and there may have been a shitload of downloads but there where NEVER 1000's of players playing online, the only servers that had alot of players where the DC servers and DM was the big game at the time.

There are shitloads of great free games out, and maybe lots of people download them but I don't know how many actually play on a regular basis, some may only play once or MAYBE twice a month if that, most people that download a free game play it once and delete it cus they get pawned.

The numbers of players just never hold up, some games have a regular following such as F.E.A.R Combat,Urban Terror, Enemy Territory etc..

My point is that these are all games that started out as successful established games, I don't see Gore coming anywhere close to this level of players and lets face it, how many players are really playing these games still on a regular basis? 20,000 maybe?

I saw this posted on the AVault forums.

Re: Gore Special Edition reaches Beta!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sn1p3r View Post
    Didn't this get terrible reviews?
    Yeah. It's one of the forum's running gags

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    I don't think either of us count on it being some runaway hit or anything. I think there can stand some chance that given the wide range of PCs it can run on, and that it at least has some degree of unique look and feel to it that we may be able to field a few thousand players and have a niche game.

Like Joel checked retail Gore stats recently and there actually were a 681 keys active in the last 30 days. Obviously these people aren't all on anywhere near at once, but that was a surprising number. I think even on games that are huge hits with tons of copies sold you may only see 1500 people online at once, at least when I've scanned for battlefield games and such.

I think the general thought is if we just add some features, get it out there and support the community that we can grow it over time. It isn't a game lots of hardcore FPS players will flock to, but if we reach out in various other directions we may be able to get a decent amount of people playing. If not, we have other plans.

I think a lot of Gore's bad reviews came from the fact that it's SP sucked balls and was forced by the publisher. SP games aren't really what we want to do.

It wasn't the best game ever by any means but I figure it at least says something when Gore still has players after 5 years even though it never had any sort of real advertising for it, and a hyped AAA game like Prey is like maybe a year old and I hear that it has absolutely nobody playing it online.
    A rational and honest reply

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    i just say wait and see what happens... ya never know

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan
    Probably one of the best comments I have ever read in here
    I LIKE GORE
    Quote Originally Posted by rootumz
    I LIKE GORE
    wow this comment completely owned m@nc0w's favorite comment imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by rootumz
    I LIKE GORE
    wow this comment completely owned m@nc0w's favorite comment imo
    "Favorite Comment" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by m@nc0w
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan
    Probably one of the best comments I have ever read in here
    The freaks are at it again
    .TBH. -49er btw: [nWp] owns Joo!1!...FUCK IT! [NWP4LIFE]

I'm ThaT DiamonD in teh DiRt that NevEr been FounD, i'M tEh cTf KinG bUt I never been CROWN

R

I

S

S

A