Thread: Video game violence

So I'm writing this essay on the link between video game violence and violent behaviour in children. It's a research based essay, and my stance is basically discrediting the media and supporting game industries. My thesis is how responsible gaming is a healthy and fun activity, etc.

It's kind of a touchy subject, and considering you guys can probably relate to some extent, I figured you might have some opinions on the matter. Instances where games are good for a child's development are really helping my point here. I'm almost done my essay, but there's a ton of room for improvement. It's sloppy as hell.

If anyone wants to read it let me know. Only 1000 words.
    i read an article a while back from the owner of minicade.com somewhere

about some kid going out and killing a homeless man(i think) and when it hit the local news they blamed it on video games because the kid owned GTA vice city and other gta series...

anyways im gonna try to find the article ebcause i did a similar essay that u were doing and i based it off this article gave me many ideas, and should i find it you should too

BRB GONNA LOOK

I'm a big fan of violence..
    Don't think it has anything to do with gaming.

Good luck with your article.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    I had to write a paper a while back having to do with music censorship, kinda the same idea. Its my opinion that if they want to censor anything, such as violence in games, then censor our entire country's history of wars and violence caused through sejimation and slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.
    Just make prostitution legal worldwide and all the worlds problems will go away...

On second thought there is that AIDS problem..

Nevermind

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    create some sort of injection that turns you skin green if you have AIDS

legalize prostitution.

require all future hookers to get this injection.

peace on earth. (well except those green idiots)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    create some sort of injection that turns you skin green if you have AIDS

legalize prostitution.

require all future hookers to get this injection.

peace on earth. (well except those green idiots)
    I like your thinkin

But fat hookers gotta only give blow jobs..I cant stand the sight of a nakid fat chick, but they do give good head.

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    talk about how for some kids guild wars might the the closest they will ever come to playing a team sport or socialing with a lot of people
    I wrote the exact same essay last year, in my English night class. I brought up points dealing with a persons psychological and mental stability; and how increased instability could lead to the inability to distinguish difference from video game & real life violence, and how one might lead to another. That however, was the only flaw I managed to locate for the Anti-video-game-violence crew. (In my essay I also argued for the pro vg-violence case) I came up with some pretty good points backed up with research, but I don't know what I did with it. bai.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I cant stand the sight of a nakid fat chick
    From your mouth to God's ears, friend.

IMO Shock (you may have already done this, though) I would talk about how guns used to be the norm. Every kid raised on the frontier grew up shooting guns and killing for food (which also included butchering) - but how much did they talk about how that was making them kill people? It seems like society has a completely different stance concerning an issue when looked at with one side being a means of survival and the other being for game (like for instance shooting competitions, video games, etc) despite the difference between them being rather vague.

Hope I didn't confuse you ... I'm kinda finishing up for the day :F