Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO GET RID OF THE GAY ADS ON THIS SITE

Download Firefox:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox

Download Adblock Plus:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

And there you have it. Now this forum won't make a fucking cent with retarded ads that nobody was/is going to use anyways.
    thanks dick. feel like donating money for these forums? didnt think so, fuck off.

just click it once. if you buy something from amazon within the next 24hrs i get 4% comission.
    My offer to host the forum has always been on the table. I already pay money for my own hosting (and have never felt the need to put ads on any forums because I manage to make my payments just fine). Since you're hosting other forums, just leave ads up on there...not NWP.

It's just gay that you guys keep trying to milk money out of everyone to pay for YOUR hosting for YOUR own forums/projects/storage that has nothing to do with the clan. It's like Joel runs this damn forum. NWP isn't some fucking hobby site everyone goes to in order to learn more about how to build crafts or something...always seemed to me as though NWP forum was a bit of a safe haven from Joel and his, as many of you have claimed, "money milking ways" CBF!

I'm not going to donate to bankroll your projects when I have plenty of my own space that is free for this clan to use. Everyone who uses your server to put their files on SHOULD be paying you...not the people who use this forum. If you want to make some cool NWP merchandise to put on Cafe Press (with a minimal markup), I'd have no problem helping to design the logos for free. Just REALLY cbf ads one bit.

A) If people who host files on here do not pay something, remove their account. It doesn't cost much to host files...there are plenty of free sites anyways.
    B) If you're blowing through money trying to host this forum and are having trouble keeping up with the bills...downgrade your package. Judging by the prices on 1&1's website it isn't THAT expensive for running a forum. If you're buying the 300 GB package that is $20/month - this forum doesn't require 300 GB. You may argue that you have other things hosted here - so put ads on there...not a small forum.
    C) People who are asking you to host their forums/sites/files can pay a fee for it or put ads that pay off to you.
    D) DUDE there is this mexican guy working in the office (working on the air conditioning system) today who keeps shitting his brains out in our bathroom. JUST seen him run by again to the bathroom...FFS!
    E) I'll host the forum if it's that big of a deal. I don't need admin or anything, it's just gay that we're the fucking clan with ads.
    no i said i dont want you hosting the forums. tbrh i dont trust you with admin like that.

so you dont want to give us money. that's fine dont click the ads. easy as that. no need to go around trying to get everyone to completely ruin any chance i have of a little help funding this stuff. my only other forum on here cost me 0 because we got some free domains and it only has about 15 members. this forum is by far the largest we have. it also requires the most webspace and resources. im happy you have no problems paying for your hosting but honestly i dont give a fuck. you dont pay for this forum so you have no say in what content gets put here.

i believe we have the business package which cost 9.99 a month. got a free upgrade to that from the previous package.
    This forum is not that big.

FFS the forum software is free, even. I was telling Cody that I was thinking about buying vBulletin for the clan, but I didn't think that you or Deadly would want to make the move to a better/updated program due to not wanting to lose posts (regardless of the fact that this forum software can NEVER be updated - a serious security hole...and a loss of a lot of really cool features) and control (and yes, I'm a horrible administrator...I might just delete a post or two...DON'T TRUST AN ADMIN LIKE THAT!1 Meanwhile I've had the server user/pass for a long time - for the web site, but I've done nothing with it...BUT FUCK DUDE, WATCH OUT FOR THOSE POSTS!!1).

It's just ironic to me that the two people who own and run this clan/server/forum are the ones who have no money, have asked the clan/forum for money and keep putting ads up because they want money to pay for their bills. I truly hope that one or both of you get your shit together sometime in the future so you can have the control you want of the forum/clan without asking people to help pay the bills you've chosen to take on.
    ehhh i think we should just dorp this, tbh the adds dont really bother me :|.

i could go with out them yeah, but i dont mind them.

no offense to ya spyder but this didnt seem like a big deal till ya brought it up.

just speakin my mind!

TBH, it's not even that the ads are that big of a deal...it's just that nobody in the clan approved of that - and last I checked, this IS the NWP forum (not DarkSpoon and Deadly forum) - and I've read a lot of bitching in recent months about donations not being forked out to them when this forum is not expensive to run. DarkSpoon said it costs $50 every 3 months to host this forum. At the end of the day, there are less expensive packages if this forum is that big of a problem (it's $3.99/month for 1&1's smallest packages - 10 GB space/ 300 GB bandwidth - more than plenty for a forum, much less this one - which is not very big). But it really boils down to the other uses of the server for personal things not pertaining to the NWP forum. I'm sure the blame is put on the NWP forum because it seems a lot less responsible to say that it's difficult for you to pay for the biggest 1&1 package server when you don't have the money to do so. At least if the truth was told rather than "it costs a lot to run the NWP forum" (which is false and is a bit of a guilt trip) it wouldn't be so annoying.
    PS: if the NWP stuff is switched over to the cheapest 1&1 package ($4/month for 10 GB space/ 300 GB bandwidth) I will pay for half of the year (without asking for access to the server nor admin) and I will pay for an owned license for vBulletin (owned license means the software is legally ours indefinitely with one year of updates) to run on that server.

The other half can be paid for by the clan ($24 from one person, $12 from two people, or $4 from six people - not a lot to ask).

I'd commit to continuing to pay for half of every year with this server package and might continue to pay for vBulletin yearly update fees if I see fit (otherwise it can either run without updating - like if no updates are needed - or the clan can divvy that cost up).

Condition: no ads and the server is for the NWP clan, not DarkSpoon and whoever wants space. The clan votes on what goes on with the server and is the ultimate administrator, not one or two people.
    its not that i dont have the money. its that i would like to not have to pay all of it. ive never missed a payment on the forums. i am not in any financial hardships atm. the ONE time i asked for money was because of an unexpected expense that drained my account. once again. i have the money to pay for the package. id like for the ad money to help pay for it. im not guilting anyone into paying for the forums or my expenses. i dont see whats so wrong about having a website help pay for its self. i see no reason to drop down to a lower package when we are all happy with the one we have now. we HAD to upgrade to the business package because we were going over bandwidth at one time. people still host very large files on the webspace and share the links. i dont mind really because we have the space and bandwidth.

i dont think you would make a good admin because you arent very level headed. you like to get yourself into the middle of arguments and generally start shit. nothing against you personally i just dont like you as an admin man. you flip out a lot.

no thanks spyder. i appreciate that but i like the set up we have. everyone can use the space as they want. (no im not expecting everyone to pay for my "pet projects" ffs i have one forum for my frat.) ill continue to pay with the help of ads and the others that pay occasionally.
    every one has an account on the FTP, or can if they want.