Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Straight rape friends, straight rape.

Yeah, you need to get your shit together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    ^ Fuck. srsly carnage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

i would but i just cbf school atm. too much shit goin on in my family to deal with school. i think ima take a semester or two off to deal with that first than we'll see where it goes from there.
    Here's the thing though - life happens. Shit is ALWAYS going to go on with your family. When you have a career, you won't be able to just ditch work because you have too many family problems to deal with.

I would say that you shouldn't go to school until you're really ready for it. Our society is like shitting college down everyone's throat when most people are not ready for it after 12 years of mandatory school - and there are some people who do fine without it. A college should be a resource for higher learning when someone wants to do something (whether start a new career or learn how to do something to help them in their current career) and should not be a requirement nor should people be only there to pick up pieces of paper that are meaningless in the real world. I think college requires just as much responsibility as one would expect with a job - but most people hated high school and go into college with the same way of eeking their way through it.

And IMO DarkenedSoul - if you don't want to go to school THEN DON'T GO.
    tbh i want to go, i cant afford it, my parents cant afford it, got denied grants and loans... its just too expensive for me atm, i am currently workin two jobs tryin to save up to go...i cant work two jobs + school full time i just dont have enough hours in the day
    Here's the thing though - life happens. Shit is ALWAYS going to go on with your family. When you have a career, you won't be able to just ditch work because you have too many family problems to deal with.

I would say that you shouldn't go to school until you're really ready for it. Our society is like shitting college down everyone's throat when most people are not ready for it after 12 years of mandatory school - and there are some people who do fine without it. A college should be a resource for higher learning when someone wants to do something (whether start a new career or learn how to do something to help them in their current career) and should not be a requirement nor should people be only there to pick up pieces of paper that are meaningless in the real world. I think college requires just as much responsibility as one would expect with a job - but most people hated high school and go into college with the same way of eeking their way through it.

And IMO DarkenedSoul - if you don't want to go to school THEN DON'T GO.
    I want to drive my car off a bridge, can I do that then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    tbh i want to go, i cant afford it, my parents cant afford it, got denied grants and loans... its just too expensive for me atm, i am currently workin two jobs tryin to save up to go...i cant work two jobs + school full time i just dont have enough hours in the day
    i do that.

if you really cant afford it then i dont see how you were denied loans or grants. ANY student can get a student loan. you dont pay those until you graduate. they were designed for someone in your exact position.
    Yeah + what college are you going to friendliecarn?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedSoul
    I want to drive my car off a bridge, can I do that then?
    Might as well .moth
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    i do that.

if you really cant afford it then i dont see how you were denied loans or grants. ANY student can get a student loan. you dont pay those until you graduate. they were designed for someone in your exact position.
    you would like to think that, but apparently my parents still make too much to get approved for any kind of grant (my brother is also attending college this coming year which i think makes it harder for them but the grants seem to ignore this factor.) (plus i think my parents are on the edge of divorce but lets just keep this out of the topic i dont want to discuss this here. )

i was looking to go to humbolt next fall, and hopefully with atleast a semester off i think i can afford to send myself for the remaining units i need. i just got a new job that pays $18 an hour plus my current job that pays about the same, with a little effort i will be able to make the payments but other than myself, i have no financial help available.
    my parents paid for my first semester, but i gotta pay for everything else , getting a loan to...

I dont know how it works in America, but here they WANT you to get a loan(interest i guess), kinda sucks that you have to work and study though

gl pal