Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Straight rape friends, straight rape.

the people who go to party and fuck around, 99% of the time, dont make it out. if they make it out ,they make it with a BS degree that anyone can get and wont translate into a good job. your major decides what your base salary will be when you graduate. graduating with an Engineering degree will most likely turn the streets a nice shade of gold. those degrees will equal large salaries if you know where to look. thats the other part of college, not just taking classes, its learning how to get a good job. thats why they have co-op programs and job fairs all the time.

higher education usually leads to more money.
    http://www.bls.gov/emp/emptab7.htm
    I'm aware that most of them get flushed out. Chico state (northern california) is a prime example...it is one of the more notorious party schools - I think it was even listed on Playboy's biggest party school...but that also accompanied a high drop out rate.

To be fair, you can go to a job fair without a degree. There are government funded job programs all over the place (albeit they are being starved for money because Bush/republicans have been cutting domestic spending for their wars).
    spyder is an anal douche, all real men get a fucking Ph.D.
    I have to agree with the fact of schools shoving college down your throat before you're even ready. Over here they start doing it at middle school, and once in high school they make it worse because you are categorized based on what you "think" you're going to go into, setting you along a path for courses at that high school for the 4 years you're there. Heaven forbid you haven't experienced enough in life to get an idea of what you want to do before you exit high school. Heaven forbid you take time after graduating, working in at least a minimum wage job, while going through the tribulations of life and then finally knowing (at that point in your life) what you feel like doing and THEN enter the college system. /end rant

That aside, as I've already shown i've already fucked up my first semester at a real university. Depending on how the second goes, I may just say fuck it and drop out. At least I have an Associates Degree in Science to fall back on. Though I think this next semester will turn out better now that I'm into the groove of the campus and I actually have a tech class thrown in (had one this semester but it was a retarded office 07 class so I tested out).