Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Straight rape friends, straight rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    i just got a new job that pays $18 an hour plus my current job that pays about the same, with a little effort i will be able to make the payments but other than myself, i have no financial help available.
    lol wtf, $18 hr job + current job?

I duno how much you've had life handed to you, but I can assure you that you're shooting pretty high...even AFTER you get your degree(s). If you can make that much money starting - you probably don't even really need college unless you're going to become a lawyer or something requiring that sort of schooling.

BTW I think your parent's income only counts if they CLAIM you on their tax returns. Do they still do that? If you're working and claim yourself, they should only go on what you make.

Plus, perhaps you should consider a college you can afford. I can only assume that you want to go to humbold because they have a pretty infamous party/pot culture there (I don't mean to stereotype you or the school - but if it fits, you must admit! LOL)...but sometimes (if you're really interested in getting your degree rather than partying) you have to go where you can afford whilst taking care of yourself. There is nothing wrong with a community college - in fact, there was a recent study that showed that community colleges provide just as good if not better education than major colleges in many cases.
    lol@not getting more than $18/hr after college. thats straight BS friend. my gf's sister works for wallgreens and makes 17. thats only about 30k a year working full time. most professions seeking people with college degrees start you out higher than that. most jobs that pay that hourly without requiring higher education dont offer much room to go above that. i know you hate college and think making it on your own is the only wise decision but you have a pretty jaded view on school. i agree its not for everyone and too many people go as it is but college is a wonderful thing and higher education does mean more money in general. i promise you if you had any sort of degree or certs you could get hired on in an IT dept quickly for probably more than what you make yearly now. there is a severe shortage of qualified IT professionals in America right now. i understand that experience speaks loudly but so does that nice little piece of paper from a university. combine those and you are set.
    my pal is making 30 bux/hour on his co-op, with 1 years worth of university.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    my pal is making 30 bux/hour on his co-op, with 1 years worth of university.
    That's like fucking $11/hr american, idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    i just got a new job that pays $18 an hour plus my current job that pays about the same, with a little effort i will be able to make the payments but other than myself, i have no financial help available.
    lol wtf, $18 hr job + current job?

I duno how much you've had life handed to you, but I can assure you that you're shooting pretty high...even AFTER you get your degree(s). If you can make that much money starting - you probably don't even really need college unless you're going to become a lawyer or something requiring that sort of schooling.

BTW I think your parent's income only counts if they CLAIM you on their tax returns. Do they still do that? If you're working and claim yourself, they should only go on what you make.

Plus, perhaps you should consider a college you can afford. I can only assume that you want to go to humbold because they have a pretty infamous party/pot culture there (I don't mean to stereotype you or the school - but if it fits, you must admit! LOL)...but sometimes (if you're really interested in getting your degree rather than partying) you have to go where you can afford whilst taking care of yourself. There is nothing wrong with a community college - in fact, there was a recent study that showed that community colleges provide just as good if not better education than major colleges in many cases.
    i already have 60+ units from comm. college friend but they dont offer B/S degrees only Associates. so i need to transfer an spend another 2 years (or however long it takes to get another 60 units) in school to get that degree.

two jobs seems like it will work as long as i can save my money, i just dont know how long i can take workin all the time.
    Carnage, did you fill out the fafsa? If you file as an independent it should not matter what your parents make. You are too old for them to claim you on their taxes anyway. Do you still live with them or are you living on your own?
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

unless he's 23 hes not too old to claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    ^^thats the reason why i was denied
    I didn't know how old he was, which is why I asked if he was still living with his parents.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

lol@not getting more than $18/hr after college. thats straight BS friend. my gf's sister works for wallgreens and makes 17. thats only about 30k a year working full time. most professions seeking people with college degrees start you out higher than that. most jobs that pay that hourly without requiring higher education dont offer much room to go above that.
    It really depends on the job and your experience (and location). Sure if you have both, that's great. Coming out of college doesn't make the streets turn to gold, though. That chick may make 17/hr at wallgreens - but yeah she's PROBABLY topped out unless she moves up to manager. Lots of people graduate college and expect a $50k+/year job (sometimes they expect more) but for most graduates that's not going to be the case, especially if they have a vanilla degree and a lot of people competing for the jobs.

i know you hate college and think making it on your own is the only wise decision but you have a pretty jaded view on school. i agree its not for everyone and too many people go as it is but college is a wonderful thing and higher education does mean more money in general.
    That's a bit of an unfair comment because I've never said I hated college. I don't care for how our society shits college down your throat and presses everyone to go straight into college. Most kids coming out of high school have NO idea what they want to do. Education is a big money industry. They stamp out a bunch of pieces of paper and half the time those kids coming out of college are no better than they went in if they spent the whole time barely passing and partying. I think college is AWESOME when used responsibly...not as a means to dick around and just party. I might be taking some college classes here soon too - not sure yet. Lots of people who go to college are not ready for it yet, though. They are there to party and play fuckaround...and then when they get out, they expect a ton of money for their "hard work"