Thread: BestBuy being sued $54 million for lost laptop

http://www.startribune.com/business/15571092.html

Is your laptop worth $54 million? Raelyn Campbell of Washington, D.C., is suing Richfield-based Best Buy for that amount after it lost her laptop computer while it was in for repairs.

------------

LOL ffs. I get how annoying it was to take the laptop in for repairs and they play 3 months worth of fuck around and eventually acknowledge that it is lost...but 54 million? Goddamn.
    i like how they intially offered her a $900 giftcard for losing her $1100 laptop containing all her data. what assholes.
    They were supposed to notify her immediately when the laptop was stolen because of the possibilities of identity theft, and because they didn't do that, I can see the woman getting something like $10,000 - $25,000 out of them, but CBF any more than that.

It isn't like she really expects to get that 54mil though anyway. She just wants to get the word out, and is doing so by using the now iconic figure that this judge used in his suit.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

pretty much retarded for taking ur laptop to BB, esp. w/o backup.
    Don't Fear Teh Penguin
    BTW the whole offering her a giftcard BS happens A LOT. Back when I worked there, our store alone would shit out 2 - 3 giftcards per week because some idiot went and fucked something up or a cusomter did something retarded.

I remember one time a guy came in and collapsed in the bathroom. He had a heart attack or something. Something that was at no fault to BB, yet we still gave the guy a $5000 giftcard.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    BTW the whole offering her a giftcard BS happens A LOT. Back when I worked there, our store alone would shit out 2 - 3 giftcards per week because some idiot went and fucked something up or a cusomter did something retarded.

I remember one time a guy came in and collapsed in the bathroom. He had a heart attack or something. Something that was at no fault to BB, yet we still gave the guy a $5000 giftcard.
    how much you think i can get for faking a seizure in their store?
    I'm not sure, but If you walk inside on a rainy day and slip and fall on the floor, and then pretend like you have amnesia or something from the fall and you have to go to the hospital, you'd be guaranteed probably 10 to 20 grand in cash, along with a giftcard with probably 5 grand.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows