Thread: 'Green' motor oil shipping to stores

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9882356-7.html

A "green," petroleum-free brand of motor oil is due to appear on store shelves soon.

Green Earth Technologies said it's shipping its line of green motor oils to national retailers starting within the next month. Waste fats from cattle instead of fossil fuels are the key ingredients.

"We turn that into liquid form and use nanotechnology to have it perform in lubricant format," explained company CEO Jeff Marshall.

Because the slaughter of each cow leaves behind 200 pounds of waste tallow, the company is making use of a renewable resource, he said.

"We're doing something to help because there's no longer a use for french fries and cooking products that use trans fats."
    More information:
    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13640_1-9802755-43.html

-----

Real interesting stuff IMO. I can see the motorboat oil being mandated sometime in the future if it works real well...which would be real good for the environment to take away fossil fuel spills in the lakes/oceans/rivers from boats.

I don't think this is going to completely replace fossil fuels because it's not like the supply for tallow is unlimited (you still have to slaughter a cow for it) but it's good to divert some of the fossil fuel usage to other more environmentally friendly and biodegradable options.
    I think they should try to mandate anything like that which is viable as soon as they can. Big businesses do a lot of pollution, but so do stupid hillbillies that have no business being in possession of anything stronger than listerine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead
    I think they should try to mandate anything like that which is viable as soon as they can. Big businesses do a lot of pollution, but so do stupid hillbillies that have no business being in possession of anything stronger than listerine.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow