Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brother's Laptop

I had to wipe the HD and install everything new, so I got just about all of it working (minus the fucking PCI modem driver) and I decided to restart it.

It starts up, gets to the windows login screen, and stays there. It doesn't show his username, just that blue screen with the windows logo sorta in the middle. I need halp, he leaves sunday and I need to get this fixed (he's paying me $60 you dirtbagz) so any suggestions?

I tried safe mode, and it stayed idle at the same screen. No idea what to do really. Assistance is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

i think hitting ctrl alt del at that screen brings up the older style login. just type Administrator and no password unless you set one.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    i think hitting ctrl alt del at that screen brings up the older style login. just type Administrator and no password unless you set one.
    Tried, nothing.

In other news, all the music from my E drive on my desktop is fucking gone. No idea how that happened. What a crock of fucking shit.

WELLST IF YOU DIDN'T STEAL YER TUNEZ, TEH RIAA WOULDN'T HAVE TO HACK YER SHIT.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    I think I know the prob MOP..but I'm to drunk to typ much more tonight..
    Check tomorrow after 12 CT cus I got shit to do im the AM

Or one of the other slugs from hee can help ya..Im fuckin wasted atm..gnightttttttt

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    So I went in and repaired the windows installation, now it boots up but it fucking installed windows on the goddamn system recovery partition. I think tomorrow I'll just wipe all partitions and reformat it...a-fucking-gain.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    I think tomorrow I'll just wipe all partitions and reformat it...a-fucking-gain.
    Is what you should have done in the first place, instead of wasting your time here.

BTW you only have to wipe the partition that you are installing Windows on (which should be "C:/", the other partitions are not used for Windows XP, they are nothing more than storage drives. As long as they were formatted for "NTFS" they are fine as is, dont' waste your time.

TBH I looked up your problem and every single site I went to said exactly what DS told you to do (Ctrl Alt Del). I actually tried that (even though I have no problems) and it tooke me 7 times (hitting "ctrl alt del") before a new pop up box would come up (with a login user name and pass).
    good morning ladies

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by m@nc0w
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    I think tomorrow I'll just wipe all partitions and reformat it...a-fucking-gain.
    Is what you should have done in the first place, instead of wasting your time here.

BTW you only have to wipe the partition that you are installing Windows on (which should be "C:/", the other partitions are not used for Windows XP, they are nothing more than storage drives. As long as they were formatted for "NTFS" they are fine as is, dont' waste your time.

TBH I looked up your problem and every single site I went to said exactly what DS told you to do (Ctrl Alt Del). I actually tried that (even though I have no problems) and it tooke me 7 times (hitting "ctrl alt del") before a new pop up box would come up (with a login user name and pass).
    Yeah... I know what I'm doing, there's only one HD (it has the normal partition and then a system recovery partition) and I'm going to wipe both. Something got fucked up when I did it the first time.

I spammed the shit out of Ctrl+alt+del, nothing happened, multiple times.