Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brother's Laptop

Reformatted and shit. Inserted the disc and loaded a bunch of the drivers. after I installed them, now it won't recognize the DVD/CD-RW drive. This is the weirdest shit I swear, these computers are becoming self-aware, and apparently hate me. The driver for the modem won't fucking work either and my bro lives in the mountains, but I think he said the can get cable now there. This is turning out to be a faggot ass endeavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

D@mn man, I feel for ya

It never fails that when your doing something under a deadline things fuck up.
    computers hate it when they have to do anything. computers are the new Fellows.
    TBH I have never had a problem when installing or reinstalling Windows, I guess I have just been lucky.

I hope MOP got it all working
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    computers hate it when they have to do anything. computers are the new Fellows.
    LOL

Well laptops are a bitch sometimes cus of proprietary drivers.

Install Linux and call it a day.
    I know ya need windows on it but if you don't have the original CD you gotta goto the manufacturers site and download the drivers.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Alright, I just shut it down for a few hours and it's working fine now. The only thing is the driver for the modem WILL NOT work, so he's shit out of luck as far as that goes. Other than that, it will do anything he needs it for. I even tossed Firefox on there.
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

At least ya got it going, spend the $60 on cheap wine and a hooker.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    Well laptops are a bitch sometimes cus of proprietary drivers.

I know ya need windows on it but if you don't have the original CD you gotta goto the manufacturers site and download the drivers.
    TBH I have never own a "laptop" and I would have not known that (now I do, thanx BUK).
    speaking of laptops I installed a fresh windows xp on my new laptop (ny dad was just going to junk it and I saved it) and I got the drivers from the website. Unfortunately now my laptop won't recognize it's own battery so I ahve to have it plugged in for it to work.

Any ideas on how to fix this? (Compaq Presario 2500)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    Batteries aren't like drivers. Just like the OS doesn't need a driver for the electricity to flow from the electrical socket to the computer.

You prolly have a dead battery, or a problem with the wiring to the battery.
    Don't Fear Teh Penguin