Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

Interesting movie coming out about the science community shunning those who discuss the possibility of intelligent design in evolution.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    I like Ben alot, he is a VERY smart dude.

I haven't seen the flick but watched the trailer, I don't and WONT believe in a God ever, unless the fucker stands in front of me and does something more spectacular like get Julie Ashton to fuck me.
    I got a open mind, but..i doubt this crap since the shit got banged in into my noggen when I was a kid.. born and raised Catholic , AND A ALTER boy it's unlikely i will ever believe in such nonsense..maybe there IS a God..but IMVHO its NOT any that these so called "religions" of the world believe in..thats all man made.
    And ffs, religion and religious believes per se have only brought upon killing for ions..It's not just now, it is and always has been.
    I never care about what people believe in..
    just 2 things.

Don't tell me what to believe in.
    And don't try to kill anybody that doesn't believe what you think is the deity of your choice.

Sure, I can't prove that there IS NO GOD, but NOBODY can prove that there is one..there are hundreds of "Gods" in history..and they all have the same story..Virgin birth, flood, blah blah blah crucification etc..ffs do some history checking..seems all Massiahs have had the same MO way before Jesus Christ( Not his real name and 99% of Christians don't know that) or Mohammad, another goof ball..none of these writings that are the "supposed truth" was ever written buy the so called gods, or whatever themselfs..they where written MANY years later by mostly hearsay, most of them HUNDREDS of years after the fuckers where dead..

There is no win to this argument, its just opinions..
    Regardless of whatever facts either side has, there is and never will be undisputed truth.

Thats what its called "Faith"
    But its just something that man has invented imo, cus there has to be something more.

And imo once your dead your dead, the problem that lots of people have is that they think there has to be more.

guess we will all find out in the end.

Sorry for spelling errors..I hate discussing this kinda stuff.

Carry on brothers

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    I believe in God and think that he created everything including evolution - but I don't believe in the kind of God religions like to impress on people. I CBF that whole "God is a great guy - UNTIL YOU DONT PAY US UR MONIEZ OR BETRAY THE CHURCH THEN HES REAL ANGRYEZ AND WANTS TO BITE UR DICK OFF AND THROW U IN HELLZ :@" blah.

IMO we're all here to learn and be good people. Jesus did the same, and it pisses me off that he's used in the way he is...and people are so fanatical that they lose sight of facts and would rather believe in hocus pocus than what is really rooted in reality.

I could probably write for fucking weeks straight on this kind of stuff...but I won't.

IMO we're all here to learn and be good people
    Well I'm a no good rotten fucker..I'm doomed.

I could probably write for fucking weeks straight on this kind of stuff...but I won't.
    Of course, thats why religion and politics should be kept out of conversations, specially when your drinkin..and that kinda means I should always stay out of it :P .

Everybody has their say on religion, it's always a sticky subject.
    but i don't care to go into a long ass diatribe about what I do and don't believe in..frankly I have always found those conversations to have no end just because of the nature of the subject matter, lots of people want to convince the other that he-she is correct.

I could care less wtf ya believe, just don't attempt to kill me (fuckin Muslim nutbags) OR try to convince me because I don't believe in your so called God and ffs those damn Bible thumping Baptists better stay away from my front door this year, they where scared shitless of me last year when I told them I was the Anti Christ and never come back spewing that cock and balls BS at my casa again.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...to-know&sc=rss

interesting article about the movie and some stuff that was left out.
    being 1/4 of a biologist, i must say this movie is fucking stupid.

"Evolution does not explain gravity, thermodynamics or fluid dynamics, how can it be true then!?" - Ben Stien, .

evolution is not a formula like e=mcc or some shit like that. its just a model, hence, it wont be able to explain everything that ever biologically happened. But because it cant explain everything people seem to think that its "false" or has "missing data points" or some shit. Then they use this as an excuse to mix their deeply held beliefs with science so they can be satisfied that the viewpoints they hold are "correct" or something.

When it comes down to the "Evolution vs Creationism" the choice should be binary, cbf mixing the two and creating a bastard child of both that is, as far as the scientific community is concerned, absolutely worthless. (im sure a lot of religions people also find it worthless)

I wonder how religious people would feel if scientists started coming to church and slapping "JUST A STORY" stickers on bibles? Not very good i bet, and rightly so. But then they think that its OK to come to schools and sticking "JUST A THEORY" stickers on biology text books.

intelligent design flies in the face of what science is about, finding shit you cant explain currently and coming up with natural explanations for them.

to put it in perspective, say you own a psychology clinic, and your goal is to help people overcome their problems. Then one day you find out one of your workers is a Scientologist and is using dyanitics to cure people of their mental conditions etc. would you not fire him on the spot for being a dickhead? i know i would . Its the same shit when you find out someone in an holding a "evolutionary related job" turns out to be a intelligent design fan. Im not saying that its wrong to have different views about scientific models theory etc, but if you are going to hold a different view you should tell other scientists WHY you think the current view is wrong.
    No believer of intelligent design(scientific theory are not meant to be "believed in") has yet come out with a paper explaining why A) evolution is wrong or B) why intelligent design is right.

A lot of times these people skip the scientific community and go preaching to the general public, because they wont be shot down by the general public, which they would be if they went to the scientific community. Do any other scientists do this? NO, they don't. when they come up with no shit or prove old shit wrong they write about it in scientific journals that are peer review by other scientist etc etc.

I don't like to bring this shit up, i know it offends people and what not, but these "Intelligent designers" are really stepping over the boundaries of modesty, respect and common sense. Science and religion DO NOT MIX. And if you believe otherwise, people don't try to prove it by bending the laws of society just because the laws of nature and god don't mix
    LOL duno but it's always hard to take you seriously when you act/talk like a 12 year old most of the time lolol.

ANYWAYS - I would agree that science and religion do not mix because religion is stifling and non-accepting of differing theories...but I disagree that God (spirituality) and the laws of nature don't mix.

IMO Evolutionists are just as whacked out as Creationists if you believe there is no room for the other side. I think there are many questions on both sides that can only be explained by the other.

I suppose that MOST peoples' belief is in the middle of the road with a mix of the two (myself included) but the only people bitching/moaning are the ones who are on the polar sides. IMO most of those people have no ability to recognize differing theories and compromise - which is why we only seem to hear from these people rather than people who know how to come to a sensible understanding without going apeshit about whether or not people believe 100% of what they believe or not.

did you even read my post .?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    Science and religion DO NOT MIX. And if you believe otherwise, people don't try to prove it by bending the laws of society just because the laws of nature and god don't mix
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    I would agree that science and religion do not mix because religion is stifling and non-accepting of differing theories...but I disagree that God (spirituality) and the laws of nature don't mix.
    No

I agree with Spyder. I'm guessing that's now 2 out of the 129823821409 things he's ever said.

I think most churches beg for monniez but it's also a giving thing. If you can be a kind person just by giving in whatever way it's just like giving your church money. My dad always gets suckered in and gives like a hundred dollars (maybe more) to the church we go to. Then again we only go to like 5 times a year. It's a multi-million dollar church so I feel why give any money, lol. I think giving to a charity is something I would do more.

Greyson -- says:
    play gore se
    Saman h says:
    i dont have gore se
    Greyson -- says:
    why not
    Saman h says:
    becuase i am gay