I suppose I can ask the same thing of you. You're just a college kid - you regurgitate what your teachers and books tell you to. That doesn't make you somebody that should be telling people what to think. It just makes you a follower. You seem to do this kind of stuff - you learn something new at school, and then you come here to show it off like you're some smart stud. Kind of retarded and childish IMO.
Right off the back, our teachers don't touch on subjects like these. My sort of thinking is one that is shared in the scientific community. It is what MAKES the scientific community WORK.

Furthermore, if that's truly going to be your argument - only those with a degree in religion and a degree in science can come to conclusions on the subject.
I guess you don't have to have a degree in something to show that you understand it, but its a very good indication. This is more today than it was in the past. And note here, im taking about science, not philosphy or any thing of that nature.

but I disagree that God (spirituality) and the laws of nature don't mix.
If this was simply a personal belief of yours i would not have bothered to point it out, however you, and people of your ilk, are trying to spread this "knowledge" in our school systems. The problem arises when Intelligent design aficionados lack the knowledge to comprehend these very "laws of nature".
how can you say something is in alliance with something else when you don't even understand that first something ?

Imagine this, Person A, who has never played football comes up to person B, who happens to have played football all his life and says "I think football has all the same rules that golf has." Now imagine person A going to gym class, and through bureaucracy forcing that this "statement" be thought in schools.

If you are going to come into the public domain and make statements such as

but I disagree that God (spirituality) and the laws of nature don't mix.
You have to be able to prove that you understand the laws of nature. Which is, if i may add, impossible these days (due to the extreme amount of knowledge we have)

Those who are truly successful in their fields are not those who run to a book every time they encounter a problem.
This simply depends on what field they are in. A large part of science is using other peoples work (Hence the need for a degrees, if I'm a scientists and i am going to rely on someone elses work, i want to make damn sure he is a scientists too) instead of wasting your time coming up with knowledge that has already been found. you think every time an electrician wants to make a TV they go and find all the laws of electricity out by themselves? No, they go and read a book first so they don't end up wasting there time! it would take many life times for him to take your approach by solely depending on his own knowledge.

IMO there are 3 types of people in this kind of stuff - ones that think on their own and educate themselves (an active self-motivating seeker of knowledge)
I'm guessing this is you?

...ones that set up shop in any given field by memorizing books and lectures but have no real ideas of their own (most doctors IMO), and those that just rely on everyone else to come up with something that makes some sort of sense to them and they just go along with it (like lazy religious people).
Statements like this show how little you know about the way academic system. If by most doctors you mean most people with a Ph.D then you could NOT be more wrong. You can only achieve these degrees if you yourself contribute fresh thinking to the field that you are in, formulate your own theory etc. When a new theory gets established in science it has already gone through a heavy gauntlet of tests and questioning by people who have a deep understanding of the field that the idea is being established in. I'm not sure how you expect most laymen like us "to think for ourselves" in these cases.

As an example, here are some of Schrödinger equations of atomic orbitals.

and here is the boltzmann equation.

Ill be the first to state that i don't know wtf is going on, so ill keep my mouth shut and let the OTHER scientists decide if these theorems are true or false. I'm not going to be detective saman and try to come to a conclusion myself, because I DON'T KNOW WTF IS GOING ON!

If everybody needed a degree in order to formulate opinions we'd be a society of sheep broken in by those who write the text books...no better off than clergy trapped by the confinements of their religious texts.
Im saying everyone today who is going to formulate proper scientific opinions needs proper scientific degrees, that's all.