Thread: Ooma (voip)

This looks interesting...

http://www.ooma.com/index.php

check out the demo.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Interesting readings...

Quote Originally Posted by The NY Times
    The Ooma system is diabolically clever-and crazily ambitious. It exploits the practice in this country that local calls (usually within a 12-mile radius) are always free, even with basic phone service. When you call long-distance, your Ooma box connects over the Internet to another Ooma box in the destination city belonging to a total stranger. That person is never aware of it and neither are you, but that Ooma box places a landline call for the final, local leg of the call. Behind the scenes, in other words, Ooma relies on a vast peer-to-peer network.

Ooma says it needs only 1,500 boxes in place to cover 95 percent of the population in the United States-which is why it's giving away that many boxes this summer (by invitation only).
    LOL I also read that Ashton Kutcher is their Creative Director. I have to hand it to the guy...he always seems to make really good decisions in everything he does. Very smart dude.

I'm interested to see what impact this has on the HUB hosting calls for other people. So if someone from San Diego is trying to make a call in your area through your HUB, I wonder what the impact is on that person's internet.

really? Ashton Kutcher makes good decisions always? your post oozes with gay love.
    LOL I'm not the one in a fraternity

The guy married a complete hottie and gets paid millions to be in any given movie. He's doing a few things right.

yep cause frats never get to hang out with sorrority chicks

atleast i dont live with my mom :P
    LOL touche, but I pay half of the bills. I'm literally never home, so I don't see a point paying like $2000/month for bills when I can pay $1000.

i only pay about $1000 tbh. my mom helps with rent when i cant afford it though. so sometimes i pay less. $565 is rent, 100is for cable, 80ish for power, 15ish for water, then groceries and stuff like that.

but i do realise rent and things over there are much more expensive.
    Yeah I'm trying to get into a more affordable house (preferably an apartment - but the only good apartments here are for old people) that is closer to work. This area is pretty lame - my job is the only thing keeping me here really. There's nothing decent as far as entertainment/businesses, rent is high, gas is high, you get paid less (they call it "mountain pay" - fuckers) and then when you pay more they say "that's mountain tax - for living in such a beautiful place" :@ I don't think it's all that nice...unless I lived 15 miles northeast where you're at the edge of Yosemite territory.

I was gonna click on the link until I saw the Ashton Kutcher name ..
    dunno what its about but i have no use for that fucin bonehead

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowski
    I was gonna click on the link until I saw the Ashton Kutcher name ..
    dunno what its about but i have no use for that fucin bonehead

same lol