Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    No, idiot. I'm talking about when they're alive. Getting caddle-prodded, kicked, slammed, dropped, etc makes for bad meat because the cow gets stressed out and releases cortisone or something like which is absorbed into the meat...making it tough. It also sours milk for female milk producing cows.
    Yeah abusing the cows causes them to release some chemical in their bodies and makes the meat unhealthy, and reduces the overall quality of the meat.

I'm not some "fag-hippy" from california, and I agree with most of the sentiments spyder is setting forth here. What's wrong with ethically treating animals due for the slaughterhouse? Buk if you had any idea what you're talking about you'd shut up and tell spyder he's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

you guys should stop believing everything you hear/read. i promise you that shit you are paying extra for isnt any different than the regular old stuff. im not for torturing animals but i cbf someone thinking they should treat the food better than some people get treated. ive never seen cows that are stressed out from being raised. the stress comes from when they get to the slaughter house. its always stressful being on a conveyor belt of death though. 99% of cows just eat and fart all day.
    It is fag hippy shit.

I'm sure if ya beat the piss out of a cow for 3 years everyday with a sledge hammer and a whip the fucker would have bruised meat.
    Farm animals are fuckin passive, they eat, shit ,have a bit of animal sex and then we eat them.

Any kind of slaughterhouse isn't gonna be a pretty sight for the people that have weak bellies, and I do agree, people that buy this no hormone meat and veg stuff are just being taken for cash, cus unless ya raise or grow it yourself you have no clue wtf it is, "FreeRange certified" and Organic fruits and veggies, but hey, it's not my cash, you can spend it anyway ya want, far be it from me to tell ya what to eat, what people do and don't eat has no effect on my daily life so why should i care anyway.
    Nobody wants to see a animal beat for no reason, but I would hit one over the head with a sledge hammer if I was gonna eat it, one whack and its dead..time to grill.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Call me crazy - but I'm not going to take health advise from a couple of rednecks no more than I would take health advise from a crazy hippy
    (that's half joking - made me chucklez)

Hormone free ANYTHING is for the better. Do you inject yourself with steroids? (that's a redundant question, Dest ) Then why eat that bs?

Penned up cows are typically fed hormones and ground up meat byproducts (typically other cows ) Keep in mind they are not carnivores. This can't be good for their diet...and anything that is bad in their diet does not reflect well in the food they end up producing. Seems like common sense.

PS DS: there is a taste difference. I buy lots of meat from BlackWing.com and IMO it's better than the store shit. I wasn't huge on the organic bandwagon for a long time until I started actively reading product ingredients and realized how most contain processed shit that probably isn't good for your immune system. The more natural the better - I feel that's pretty obvious. At the same time, there are a lot of cooky people into organics that take it wayyy too fucking far. Organic carrots? WTF. It's a goddamn carrot.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    one of two things on the different taste:

the placebo effect
    the fact that diff brands just taste diff.

id take the advice of rednecks over hippies when it comes to produce and meats seeing as how rednecks are the ones who grow/raise that shit.
    Good thing I have a more diverse perspective being from Nebraska and having a ton of family in the farming biz.

I don't think it's the placebo effect at all, tbh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsant...wth_Hormone.29

MOSANTOOOOOOOOO?!
    would you want anything these morons make in you
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Good thing I have a more diverse perspective being from Nebraska and having a ton of family in the farming biz.

I don't think it's the placebo effect at all, tbh.
    i know, it surprises me that you dont know jack about animals.
    Fuck you.