Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splashtop

This is so fuckin cool, it's definitely gonna be a big hit with laptops.

This is gonna get more people using Linux, even though people that don't think they use Linux already do on a daily basis, cus lots of stuff they use everyday runs on Linux..
    Like Google ffs, Google is completely run on Linux servers.

http://www.geek.com/splashtop-linux-...oard/index.php

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    Yeah, this is very neat stuff...great idea, for sure. It will make me want to get an ASUS laptop just because of this really.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Actually now I'm looking for a Asus MB with this for my next build, I'm sure this will be a huge success and other MB manufactures will follow.

Just the fact that you can surf the web and not even think about getting any kind of virus is a huge plus for n00bs, and I'm sure the browser boots fast.

I kinda wonder why this hasn't been done years ago, it's a great concept that is now reality.

I'm willing to pay back up to 150% your investment, so if you invest 100 dollars, you will get back up to 150 dollars.
    Joel Huenink

NWP is a gaming clan site - if you're easily offended, this is not the clan for you and don't visit this website etc

Lead Said
    Dunno I made it with some 18yr old high school dropout the other night. I bought her some french fries from Jack in the Box and one thing led to another.
    until someone writes a virus for it. BIOS virus don't play around either.

still very neat though.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    until someone writes a virus for it. BIOS virus don't play around either.

still very neat though.
    It will be a target no doubt, but from what I see its on a flash drive anyway, reboot its gone.
    I have Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I went to every conceivable spam and virus site I know of, NEVER a issue.

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    oh it's on a flash drive? i just scanned the article as i was busy at work. i thought this was stored somewhere onboard.
    Is it not built into the mobo? If its just a flash drive then I'm honestly not so impressed with this.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

its an on board flash drive.

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Is it not built into the mobo? If its just a flash drive then I'm honestly not so impressed with this.
    Why wouldn't ya be impressed?
    How the fuck do you think they are going to do it?
    It could be embedded in the chip also, but lemmie just ask you guys something.
    What did YOU think it was??
    You have a option to boot to that quickly without booting the OS on the HDD.
    lemmie ask you rocket fucken scientists.
    How ELSE would it be done? Did ya think Jesus ( Or fill in your preferred deity here) was miraculously running the OS from the beyond?
    It takes literally 1/3 the power and ya have a full OS.
    And it IS built into the MB ya fucks, ffs I can run Linux off a flash drive, this IS built in and when it hits post ya have the option to boot linux.
    No brainer.

Joel Huenink

Lead Said
    Ok so then it is built into the fucking motherboard like I origionally thought, and not just some bullshit flash drive you can get anywhere. In all fucking honesty though your response wasn't necessary, maybe just a fucking clarification would have worked, or maybe if you didn't say in your last post that it was on a fucking flash drive and not an onboard flash chip.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows