Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why water powered cars will never exist

the only problem is, electric cars aren't helping the environment which is the whole point. creating electricity is still a very dirty process including burning coal and lots of waste. the increase in need of electricity for cars would offset any good that comes from no longer using gasoline. i mean, that's using todays technology. maybe we will figure out something nice in the future. personally i would love to have a small piece of land filled with windmills to power my house(and my car?). i think that would be pretty awesome.

OMG I FIGURED IT OUT. PUT A FUCKING WINDMILL ON TOP OF THE CAR!!!
    So far solar technology is only able to extract something like 60% of the sun's energy. I'd say that's a pretty good route. I don't support coal burning much more than I support windmill farms.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cell
    Third generation technologies aim to enhance poor electrical performance of second generation thin film technologies while maintaining very low production costs. Current research is targeting conversion efficiencies of 30-60% while retaining low cost materials and manufacturing techniques.[6]
    60% would be a theoretical maximum and these cells aren't even in use yet. i believe current cells are in the 10-30% efficiency range.

why don't you like wind powered generators?
    AH, you're exactly right - I was mixed up. Either way, there's a lot of growth that can be had in that arena.

Wind farms aren't a big deal - but they're just an eyesore and although I've never actually read any scientific report, hasn't there been people who get migraines from them?

Should just make Nebraska/Iowa one big wind farm - not like anybody going through there is particularly interested in the scenery anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Wind farms aren't a big deal - but they're just an eyesore and although I've never actually read any scientific report, hasn't there been people who get migraines from them?
    ... what? People can get migraines from looking at anything.
    In Austria we mainly use the force of water to get electricity...
    You can even load your electric car with the electricity of the hydroelectric power station
    --> The water powered car exists

AH, you're exactly right - I was mixed up. Either way, there's a lot of growth that can be had in that arena.

Should just make Nebraska/Iowa one big wind farm - not like anybody going through there is particularly interested in the scenery anyways
    i haven't heard anything of migraines. i think they actually look cool. We manufacture a bunch of them here in the Houston area and ship them to the wind farms in west Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acromus
    In Austria we mainly use the force of water to get electricity...
    You can even load your electric car with the electricity of the hydroelectric power station
    --> The water powered car exists
    I hope you're joking friend.

Hydroelectricity is nothing new. It is just electricity created by water going through a turbine or generator of some sort. This is how a majority portion of electricity is created. Whether you power your car with hydroelectricity or current electricity, it is an electric car.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Of course it was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Snooperz
    ... what? People can get migraines from looking at anything.
    LMAO

I figured some of you might make that connection - but I was thinking more along the lines of Creative. I'm not talking about LOOKING at it, I'm talking about the result of the turning turbines. I'm not sure what to call it - but a quick Google search ATM references it as "Wind Turbine Syndrome". Perhaps it's how the blades cut into the wind or the high voltage created (I've heard of similar things from people living close to high voltage power lines).

-----
    http://kirbymtn.blogspot.com/2006/03...ndrome_12.html