Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from the vet

And we had to put one of our ten-year-old boxers down. The male, Zeus. I've really been struggling for the past two hours to not cry, it's hard. I've had him since I was 7, and he slept at the end of my bed nearly every night. I just hope he's in a better place, a dog heaven (I still firmly believe there is not one for humans jahlaolol) and is watching over us and his siblings he left behind.

Rest In Peace; Zeus "The Moose" Aykroyd, AKA BigDog.

You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Sorry to hear of this - it always sucks to let animals go...but if you're sad because they're gone and reflect on all the good times - then they've done their job; which is to enhance your life and give you unconditional love.

Hope you feel better about it soon - RIP goddamn moose.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Man i loved Zeus, sad to see him go. He always seemed healthy to me, then again animals don't really know if they are sick, and don't tend to show it at all. I believe all dogs go to heaven (LOL MOVIE) because they have no idea of sensibility of what is right and wrong. So yes maybe even hes the leader considering his name. Hopefully you can hold on to angle for a bit more eh cody
    It's the only bad part of owning a dog, you know it will happen eventually but it's never any less sad.

Sorry MOPlez :<

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    Ironically, I just got an email from my dad about their dog Tucker and how he died the other day. He was 13, which is pretty long for the breed - but he had tumors in his lungs that nobody knew about. He was a "tough it out" kinda dog, so I guess I'm not real surprised. It sucks, he was a badass dog. I used to take him to the mall and get hordes of attention from hot chicks - he was a pimp like that.

I sent my dad/his wife some flowers and a card. When a dog gets to be that old - especially to the point where you realize they're over the standard mileage - you kind of expect "someday" to be soon, but when it happens you're still shocked a bit. I'll miss the hell out of that dog when I go back over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    Ironically, I just got an email from my dad about their dog Tucker and how he died the other day. He was 13, which is pretty long for the breed - but he had tumors in his lungs that nobody knew about. He was a "tough it out" kinda dog, so I guess I'm not real surprised. It sucks, he was a badass dog. I used to take him to the mall and get hordes of attention from hot chicks - he was a pimp like that.

I sent my dad/his wife some flowers and a card. When a dog gets to be that old - especially to the point where you realize they're over the standard mileage - you kind of expect "someday" to be soon, but when it happens you're still shocked a bit. I'll miss the hell out of that dog when I go back over there.
    What kind of dog was it? My labrador died from tumors in its lungs at 13 also.
    Pomeranian - but he didn't look QUITE like most of them do.

This is more of what he looked like, but he was a dark brown

I wonder where the tumors came from. Unfortunately both my Dad and his wife smoke a lot in the house - plus I don't think they buy the really good dog food (most of that shit is so full of preservatives and junk - like vegetable mixes, wtf)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm :L
    then again animals don't really know if they are sick, and don't tend to show it at all.
    I honestly do not know where you heard that but fact is that is not true at all. Alot of animals (including dogs) will show signs when they are ready to die. For example Doghouse (from GORE) once posted about his dog that was showing signs that he was ready to die, he held on to him for one more day (spent most of the day with him) then let him go (took him to the vets).

I can say the same thing pretty much as I and my family had a dog that lived to be 15 years old. She out of nowhere started showing signs that not everything was ok (she barely moved from one spot, etc.). She had a look in her eyes that pretty much let us know "I'm ready to go". We took her to the vets and the first thing they said (before even examining her) was "there is nothing we can do". And from there we had to let her go (in other words they took care of her if you know what I mean).

The truth of the matter is, the animals dont' have a problem with dying, it's US the humans who have a problem with letting them go. We want to pretend that they will be with us forever (which in real life that is not going to happen).

BTW Spyder: Cute dog, love those Pomeranian's
    Quote Originally Posted by m@nc0w
    The truth of the matter is, the animals dont' have a problem with dying, it's US the humans who have a problem with letting them go. We want to pretend that they will be with us forever (which in real life that is not going to happen).
    Yeah I don't even feel like I got to say goodbye to him, the entire last week* he wasn't even the same dog imo.

*: when he started show symptoms -- standing in corners facing the wall, when he walked around he bumped directly into shit, wobbled when he walked, panted because he'd get himself so worked up after being restless, he didn't know how to eat - he'd stand over the food and water bowl and just hover, we had to pour water into his mouth from a small glass and feed him by hand. He could hear us, but he was unresponsive to everything; wouldn't do any tricks etc. Just wandered aimlessly around. I got one last picture with him in the backyard before we went to the vet, will post it laterish when I find the camera.
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    He could hear us, but he was unresponsive to everything; wouldn't do any tricks etc.
    LOL poor little fella...sitting there going "I'm fucking dying, and these cockfuckers want me to do goddamn tricks..."

Quote Originally Posted by m@nc0w
    BTW Spyder: Cute dog, love those Pomeranian's
    Thanks, he was a good looking dog and knew it too.

He was showing signs too, though. He didn't want to go out to the bathroom (he loved going outside normally, being the man of the house - and wanted to sniff around). He just wanted to lay with my dad and his wife. Definitely knew his time was coming.