Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Woot got my truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    ...as it looks like a completely shitty home project
    Not sure wtf you think looks like a shitty home project, considering all I posted was a power inverter for a motherboard.
    I wasn't really referring to that picture in general.

I just CBF 95% of home projects in cars that look really tacky and lack good features on normal products because that's what you give up to save some bucks. I honestly doubt you can make a navigation as good as the Pioneer ones I posted - and if you can, then I'll be your first customer*.

* - provided you didn't steal anything to make it.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    It's all software running on a computer. I can do anything I want with that.

I worked in a car audio install bay for over a year and have done at least 200 installs, and a dozen or so custom jobs such as the one I'm doing for myself. I have never had a single complaint.

It's basically going to look like this when done, except it will be a touch screen and will not have any buttons on it. I'll put the toggle switch to turn it on/off on the steering wheel.

NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Does that flip down to reveal a CD bay?

Post pictures of your project as it progresses etcetc. I'm interested in how it actually turns out - especially how close it'll end up to commercial products out there. Navigational programs probably is not a big deal, but I'm more interested in like running blue tooth through the car so I can answer my phone with it rather than wearing a headset.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    It's all software running on a computer. I can do anything I want with that.

I worked in a car audio install bay for over a year and have done at least 200 installs, and a dozen or so custom jobs such as the one I'm doing for myself. I have never had a single complaint.

It's basically going to look like this when done, except it will be a touch screen and will not have any buttons on it. I'll put the toggle switch to turn it on/off on the steering wheel.

You forgot to include all the trash scattered about on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos [gv
    this wasnt even a war this was a disgrace,we outnumbered them and still lost.
    Does that flip down to reveal a CD bay?

Post pictures of your project as it progresses etcetc. I'm interested in how it actually turns out - especially how close it'll end up to commercial products out there. Navigational programs probably is not a big deal, but I'm more interested in like running blue tooth through the car so I can answer my phone with it rather than wearing a headset.
    I still haven't decided whether I want to do a separate sound system or run it all through the computer that will power the nav system. I might end up putting the dvd drive in the glove box so I can put in either a cd or dvd and watch/listen to it on the screen, while still running all sound outputs through my amp/subs/etc.

As for blue tooth, what I've done in the past for people who requested it was this: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...322&lid=680414

I'm not sure how well it has worked for them, but I haven't had a complaint so I'll probably give it a shot.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

...as it looks like a completely shitty home project

complete car pc, all home project.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabrication/68452-complete-bolt-screen-cpu-hd-ps-indash.htmlClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01143.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01141.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	255
    thats exactly what im going to start work on soon, except i dont feel comfortable putting the computer right behind it as I dont want the shit to overheat.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

that guy had fans hooked up and used low power(generates less heat) components. He eventually went with a solid state drive as well. disk based storage is a bad idea if you hit lots of bumps or pull any stiff G's.
    Nice truck dest, A guy i work with has one like that but its lowered,nice ass rims, orange in color with a black stripe on the bottom....really sweet trucks imo. Im a ford/chevy guy myself.....i got me a 2007 F-150 supercab stx black in color.....don't get me wrong tho dodges are nice too
    dodges always have been my favorite trucks,

and i typically dont like lowered cars, although i admit some do look nice(i just cbf the Fellowism!)

i like my shit high with big wheels haha, i like going mudding/offraoding etc.

id love to have something like this one day

or even better this

gives me a fukin boner!