Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Woot got my truck!

get the brackets to keep the shit from sliding around, but keep in mind that isn't about to stop someone from stealing your shit. I too know many people who steal car audio stuff and all it takes is a crobar to rip that shit out of there in 5 seconds. They dont care about breaking that box, because you can get a box at wholesale for $10.

As for the price, I could have got it to you for $550 shipped .
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

yah well we kept talking about a million different things online i cba i wanted my audio already

Also thats a nice little skill to learn, how to install sound systems, me and my friends would always install different sound systems for people to learn. Its pretty easy, just read the book about a day ahead and make sure you know the basics. So dest if you ever feel like upgrading your subs and such, try doing it yourself if you aren't worried about wrecking it yourself

Also if you have a friend in composites class at all, get him to make you some sweet boxes.
    If I get mine done, I'm going to have the guy from Creative Sounds do it - he's a real cool dude and always does Grade-A work...and has always stood behind his jobs.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    If I get mine done, I'm going to have the guy from Creative Sounds do it - he's a real cool dude and always does Grade-A work...and has always stood behind his jobs.

I just remembered the brand my brother has in his car - Soundstream. It looks awesome (perhaps I'm partial to the spyderz ) and has a very reasonable price. I've always thought Kenwood was a mediocre brand at extraordinary prices - and I don't think they LOOK very cool either. My brother spent a little less than 1K on his Jeep (with more speakers, BTW) and it looks a lot cooler whilst sounding pretty damn good - no offense.

I've been meaning to get an updated navigational unit in my 4Runner because it's so out of date (would cost $200 to upgrade the software anyways) and doesn't have an auxiliary for my MP3 player (that's really the kicker for me tbvh) so I was just looking around...and came across these:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...cts/Navigation

HOLYSHITERECTIONATM!

cbf buying a speaker because it looks nice.

www.elementaldesigns.com. i had a 10" in my ranger. it was really nice.
    Kenwood is good. Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, or Infinity is better. Kicker or even Sony are decent choices too. Orion usually looks cool but its some bullshit, same with MTX. Boston, JL, and Polk is all shit. As far as competition equipment I like MA Audio a lot. I'm about to put two of those fucking 15's in the back of my Envoy and hope my windows don't blow out.

And really cbf paying for a navigation system when you can make one yourself for so much cheaper. I'm about to start on a little project with this 8 inch lcd touch screen I got on ebay for $200, and I'm going to mount it in my dash and run it to a computer I'm going to have in the back of my vehicle next to the stock amp. I'm going to end up taking the stock amp out and putting in little infinity (tiny as fuck but puts out some power) and then I'm going to put my motherboard right next to that. I've got a panel right there in front of it to access the shit when I need to, but its going to be turned on and off through a toggle switch built into the adapter to power the motherboard.

With the above device I can basically take out my head unit altogether, mount the 8 inch screen and dvd drive, and use the computer to run my navigation system and car audio using software instead of hardware.

IN CONCLUSION: best navigation system you can get for $200 and some spare computer parts.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

...as it looks like a completely shitty home project

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    ...as it looks like a completely shitty home project
    Not sure wtf you think looks like a shitty home project, considering all I posted was a power inverter for a motherboard.

Nothing is going to be visible except the screen, which is going right where the existing head unit is right behind the carbon fiber.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows