I was curious if anyone here has any personal experience on what are the best things to consider when it comes to which GPS for a car is a good choice. I kind of know jack shit about what brands are good or maybe what features are good. I've also only seen one used in person once. Like I rode with someone who owned a Prius and thought the GPS in it was kind of nifty.

Currently when Im going somewhere unfamiliar I'm having to look at Google Maps a bit and write down directions and its kind of gay.

Heres an general idea on what is important to me atm:

- Easy to mount, but detachable, easy to carry.
- Bright, large screen, maybe as little glare as possible if its really sunny.
- Voice BS to tell me when shit is close.
- Clear, easy to read maps.

- Smart enough to tell me ahead of time what fucking lane to be in well before I get to where I might need to turn, exit etc.
- Hopefully not too expensive for a poor slopperson like me.
- No monthy subscription shit if possible.

Basically I'm a fuck up on the road. I operate my car well and follow the speed limits and shit, but I'm one of those people that always have multiple things going on in their head, and I happen to have a tendency to get lost really easy when I go to unfamiliar places that are congested city areas.

So at the most basic I want something clear and functional like Google Maps to find my way around, and things like I mentioned above would be a plus.