Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COMBAT ARMS CLAN

GHJFGJ

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    I cbf switch from Gore to Combat Arms.

It's like having AIDS, but trading it for cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead

When i was in nutrition today we looked at the lead killers. Cancer was number two, and Hiv/aids was at the bottom.

So technically we're killing ourselves by switching. LETS DO IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm :L

So technically we're killing ourselves by switching. LETS DO IT.
    I played this game for about 5 or 10 minutes about a month ago. I haven't played since, in fact I haven't done anything constructive for a at least a month.

#nwp @ irc.gamesurge.net
    donate $5 to charity

This is what's interesting to me: Gore SE and Combat Arms are both FREE fps games. . .

Gore SE has no stats so there is no way to really tell how many people are playing, all you have is Joel's word (which I'm sorry but that doesnt' amount to much). And if you go by SuperEvils Gore SE Server Viewer the most people playing Gore SE at one time was 80 (minus ??? bots). Where are these thousands of players? I surely don't see them. . .

Combat Arms on the other hand has stats (pic below), it has over 266,032 players. And I say "over" because players ranked under do not show up in the "rankings list".

Lead, maybe you just prefer to play a game that YOU have basicly made. And by that I mean you took over Gore SE from Joel long ago, all the changes in the game are your doing. You know the game inside and out better than anyone playing.

Edited: forgot to add the
    I just meant in respect to my experience with gameplay.

When it comes to Gore stats, I'd mentioned to Joel before that I think he gets a bit too preoccupied with inflated numbers that. I only pay attention to numbers of people I actually see playing in Gamespy results.

But with Nexom games, they kind of have a giant site with many free games to the point it is a community. So any new game they make has some potential for people to leak in to the new ones they add. Also it seems they have the cash to have banner ads like ones I've seen around.

With Gore itself I think it mostly hurts from the levels themselves. Aside from maybe DM, I think a lot of the existing levels choke out the game a lot. Like I get tired of people wanting to take X level made 6-8 years ago and hack at it to fix it, rather than just make a new one.

I wish I could see more people playing, I'd like to see a little bit enough of promise to make some maps that are a bit more suited for team play, and less confining then it would be cool. The levels were made as Quake style DM arenas and then had CTF, Tact or whatever dropped into them.

As for game preference, the entire time I've played Gore I've always been playing other games as well. Like I've never played exclusively Gore, over time it was UT1, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield.

Combat Arms seems like a fun idea, but it just seemed to kind of play a bit shotty and my first game I played had people using hacks that involved people making themselves totally immune to damage, running super fast, and an ability to fly through the air. Also there was no way apparent to me to check my ping. So it was just a bad experience, but if anyone wants to get on MSN and invite me into some games I'll give it another shot.