Thread: "John McCain Biography" - The Daily Show

Best damn political video ever. Daily Show FTW. It was featured on the Sept. 5th episode...you can view the whole thing here:
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...isodeId=184108

<embed FlashVars='videoId=184113' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' width='332' bgcolor='#000000' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Update: old link was removed on youtube - but found it right on Daily Show's website.

IT'S A GOOD THING MOST OF YOU IDIOTS ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO VOTE YET.

Funny thing about comedy central videos is they take for-fucking-ever to load, and buffer every three seconds. So no thanks, find me another youtube link and I'll watch it. This one won't even load (probably chrome messing it up) but I cbf with it anyway.

Anytime politics is mentioned around my dad, he likes to say something about obama's inexperience or call his wife a whore. I tell him sarah palin has 6 kids or some shit, so she clearly is the larger whore of the two, and that mccain's rapid selection of her for VP was merely a method to acquire votes from clinton supporters that won't vote obama. Seriously debating politics with him is terrible, I hope it's not like this with most other conservatives; he always resorts to name-calling and he believes false statements issued by the republican party in order to smear their opponents. DID I MENTION HE IS A BIG FAN OF BILL O'REILLY? I really cbf him most of the time. We were at a restaurant the other day, and he said something that sparked me up a little, I finally told him, "Once you muster the fucking intelligence and ability to research both candidates and their views and policies, you can tell me who you'd rather see in office. Until you stop blindly believing the conservative bullshit your fed every day on faux news why don't you just stop talking about it." His face turned red and my mom was laughing at him.

Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Oddly enough the Comedy Central ones always load fast for me.

BTW MOP that is most of the reason I don't bother to try to discuss things like that with family in general. From what I can tell people seem to just see a black guy and make up their mind immediately, and then from there they need more than that to try to reassure themselves. So that is the strategy behind the little bullshit things that aren't true but people still cling to. They made up their mind before for BS reasons and just need lame reassurances that they are making the right decision.

Theres no point to it really because I've even had situations where I'll state something that is proven fact, and in return I get the statement of something along the lines of not believing me. When I offer to link them some information they decline saying they either don't need to read it or don't want to read it.

Theres not really much you can do when someone makes a decision based on lies, and denies every offer of supplying truthful information and in short refuses to learn. The fact that people are making their decisions out of fear doesn't really help either.

I think part of the problem is people live in differing realities. It seems like some people live their lives thinking that our entire border is a huge wall that is completely surrounded by communists and terrorists, and any democratic\republican election is a "Yes" or "No" decision on whether or not we should open the gates and let them all in while simultaneously sacrificing all our unborn babies to the devil god of science.

The thing worth saying though is that my beef isn't even at all that they might disagree with me about which candidate makes more sense. It's more that I'm offended that we're even related when they believe shit they hear on a single network (Fox News) and have a complete refusal to even read things.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm fine with disagreeing - I'm always looking to talk to people who have a good understanding of what they're talking about and perhaps I'll learn something from them. It's just when people don't even take the time to inform themselves but still pretend they know better than you that gets me kind of offended. My dad is also kind of a dodge case. In one hand, he's terribly racist. Everytime I talk to him, he's always bitching about how the mexicans are taking over some bs factory ... as if he fucking works there or something (at the same time he hates rednecks and 90% of the people that live in his town anyways, so I don't see why the fuck he worries about it anyways). Then he'll go off on how if McCain is elected, surely my brother and I will be drafted and it'll be just like Vietnam. Both of these obviously distinct viewpoints completely annoy me because there's really no evidence to support either one, just fear justified by (as you said Lead) some irrelevant bs they've thought up that probably aren't even true. I'm voting for Obama as well - but at the same time, I'd argue with him about McCain just because he doesn't take the time to get at least a few facts to support his positions.

MOP - it still continues to amaze me how people on the extreme left and extreme right simply resort to angry name-calling when they're getting owned in an intellectual debate. I guess in their mind "they showed you" - whatever I guess. It just erodes any credibility they had in the eyes of everyone involved.