Yeah, shits broke fellows. At the same time I'm not real sure that the government getting involved is the right thing either. We can't save people because they made retarded decisions - they need to pay the price. You guys should be putting your money into credit unions NOT banks. The credit unions answer directly to you - banks like Bank of America answer to their principle investors and their own interests. Most good credit unions knew those interest-only loans were a terrible idea and did not offer them. Since they're member-only (typically you have to live in the area for awhile or be a direct family member of another member), it wasn't like some redneck from another state was coming in to pick up a cheap interest-only loan off of your investments. Anyways, right now credit unions have some of the best interest rates on savings/checking/CD/etc accounts and great loan rates. I put savings in a credit union (where I have my car loan too) but I have a checking account with Bank of America (because it's local - my credit union is a bit of a drive away in the valley) and they don't have control over a lot of my money like a bunch of savings. My paycheck goes into it - and I immediately pay bills with that and then put whatever I can into savings. Most of you are probably just getting started financially, so it's an easy transition to get into a good credit union.

DIDLZ: yeah cbf that. There's a lot of women that do that - they get tired of their current environment and decide that things should change. I have a good friend at work who is a millionaire (literally the most down to earth, badass, programmer millionaire ever) and they had a real nice house on like 20 acres - she wanted to build a better house but also fix up the house they were in so they could sell it or rent it. So they build a friggin huge awesome house. I mean, they even have a marble tabletop in their laundry room, ffs. In the last year and a half, she's been busy with their restaurant (which is 169% awesome - but it's taking a long time to become profitable, partially due to bad business partners in the beginning that turned out to rack up a ton of debt + the economy lately has been tough to get tourists to the area) - so like a month ago, she was saying that she wants to move to a place where the landscaping is all done. LAND-FUCKING-SCAPING. He drives like 40 minutes to an hour to get to our office and never says "we should move closer to my work" - but she wants to leave the house they JUST built because of landscaping.

ANYWAYS, good times ATM. I have a bit of credit debt with BofA, I wonder what would happen if they tanked (not saying they would or that they wouldn't be saved by the government). Besides that bit of debt (which a lot came from fixing my old Jeep until I just decided it was costing me more than just getting a newer car - plus I just got a new laptop lately) I have a car payment ($15k) and that's it. The only difficult thing is rent. I make good money for the area, but goddamn...it's not enough to buy a decent house (would be nice to buy a fixer-upper house on an acre in a nice area for 200k) and there are no good apartment complexes out here, so I have to pay a lot to rent a house. Other than that, I haven't really been impacted by the economy yet...and my job is pretty much safe because we still have a ton of international clients.