Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palin wins debate

There was a HUGE fucking difference. Biden looked down at his notes and Palin looked down at her pre-scripted statements, hence why she had to dodge questions so she could use her scripted response.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

This little bullshit thread doesn't matter anyway, what really matters is everyone else agrees Biden won the debate.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/syoKDzjwZrA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/syoKDzjwZrA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

If there's one thing I truly agree with either side of this election is how the right side is so obviously doing the right thing for making our country energy independent. It's also fucking ignorant to just say that our climate is changing due to strictly manmade causes. The planet undergoes it's own changes, I see it as it being natural but the things we put into the air are not helping in anyway. It's also necessary for us to keep these methods though so we can still be a productive country, but there's always alternatives to how we can do things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FbCPzAsRA For you Mr. Cody.

I'll take back Biden constantly looking down while talking, but Palin definitely doesn't do it as much as him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    This little bullshit thread doesn't matter anyway, what really matters is everyone else agrees Biden won the debate.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/syoKDzjwZrA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/syoKDzjwZrA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Glad you're only looking at a left station's results. Fox had a 12% Biden 88% Palin. ALSO, somewhere here in Missouri, they gathered a number of undecided people (Around 50 I'm pretty sure) half that had voted for Bush last election, other half for Kerry to watch the debate. There was also a close to average number of women and men, and blacks, whites and mexicans to view it. At the end, everyone but two people agreed that Palin had won the debate because they easily saw that she's for the people over anything, which I agree with.
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3vyXaHhEsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3vyXaHhEsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3vyXaHhEsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3vyXaHhEsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    1. This is scripted, like much of Palin's debate.

2. Fox news is horseshit.

3. Cindy McCain is chairman of Hensley and Co., one of the largest distributors of Anheuser-Busch products (the sponsor of that poll).
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

All news stations are horseshit since they are fucking biased and lean towards their side. In all truth, I don't trust any, I'm going by what I hear from the candidates and not what the news stations have to say. Most liberals are only liberal because they fucking listen to the media and don't do anything themselves. It's that laziness that could potentially ruin the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    Most liberals are only liberal because they fucking listen to the media and don't do anything themselves.
    This is why I can't stand listening to fucking children debate politics. Most people your age talk out of your ass and pretend you really do know what you're talking about - until you have to provide some sort of proof. I guess I can't really blame you, I probably did it a bit myself at your age...but then again, the idea that Bush was a terrible President and shouldn't have been re-elected didn't seem like a very debatable thing at the time - although, if you followed the 4D threads on it, it was a hotly-debated subject...even though today MOST sane people with half a brain realize he's a terrible President.

That entire liberal quote was just plain fucking retarded, and I don't mind calling you out for it. I can't stand liberals much more than I can stand conservatives..but the fact that you even pretend to know why "most" liberals are in fact liberal takes away any credibility you had for that opinion of yours. Not only that, but your reasoning is even more retarded. At least if you said "most liberals are in fact liberal because they don't understand advanced economics", it would have been something worthy of debating. Instead, you just look like an idiot...especially when that kind of idea (from my perspective) seems to be much more rampant with conservatives. There are lots of people who call themselves conservatives who seem to vote out of fear, gullibility, and just plain ignorance (not so ironically, this includes a lot of religious people). Why do you think Palin tried to imply that we're all going to lose our freedom if we don't vote for her and McCain? It's their golden ticket in regards to their constituents - they eat that shit up, nevermind looking it up. Tons of conservatives merely repeat what Fox news says rather than looking things up and being informed. This is why Bill O'Reilly is a faggot, too. The guy just yells hyperbole and name calling at anybody who disagrees with him. He's not an analyst, just an asshole.

Here's my take. The fact that Palin did much better than most people expected of her is a win...for her. That does not, however, mean she wins the debate. I'd really just call it a draw. They both did their jobs. His whole job was to defend Obama when she opened her trap - and NOT fuck the debate away with any big mistakes. Success. She needed to look like she can stand next to him and not get completely blown out of the water by actually answering questions that she doesn't have much of a clue about (one way to do this was diverting questions). She did a great job at it. I think Deadly made a good point with the "scripting" thing - she basically memorized a series of talking points and uses them whenever she's asked about them or does not know how to answer another question. It's the best way to divert the fact that she doesn't know better (at least yet). The alternative would be to try to answer something she doesn't know about, which is political suicide. However, in my perspective, although many people (apparently you're included, Ninja?) will only latch onto the illusion that she stood strong and wasn't made a fool of by Biden (she did try to bait him into attacking her, but he was smarter than that) I'm more concerned that she's basically the "stepford" VP. She didn't answer many questions with direct answers and the rhetorical pre-canned memorized statements didn't hold much substance. That concerns me more than ever, because as Cody said - McCain IS going to die in office (he's in terrible shape, already being the oldest candidate ever) and she WOULD be President. That holds much more possibility of "ruining the country" (as you were pointing out, Ninja) than anything. Even then, we're a country of checks and balances - so I would hope that her ineptness (nevermind the fact that she'd be a puppet of her party, rather than standing on her own) as President would be countered by sound government.

So did Palin win? Sure, I suppose if you like your intelligence to be insulted by pre-canned talking points at every turn...or just don't realize it. Did Biden win? You could probably make a better case for it, but I still would be more inclined to say it was a tie. That's really all you can expect from a Vice Presidential debate though, otherwise we'd have more than 1 every election.
    Hey ninja, thanks for posting a Fox news video. They're about as far right as your can go, Bill O'Reilly? Hannity & Colmes? I'm sure you've heard of them: the most conservative pundits on the air these days. I am watching the debate now, about 3/4 through, and all I can say is Palin isn't winning shit. Nationwide, Obama is shifting to higher #s in the polls which is something to be said. If only americans weren't so gullible as to believe white lies and flat out contradictions as put forth by the McCain and Palin duo. Your accusations liberals being lazy because they listen to the media are baseless and have no meaning, it's like your trying to blame the current/potential downfall of the country on one political party.

Pertaining to the debate; I paid attention to both body language and facial expressions (being able to read people is a vital trait) throughout the entire debate. Biden always expressed his answers with confidence, honesty, and sternness. Palin on the otherhand, looked like a mental mess. She didn't look confident in the least, and paid much more attention to the scripting of her responses . As I told didlz in an MSN convo,

Cody -- says:
    biden is talking and
    Cody -- says:
    palin is looking down
    Cody -- says:
    Cody -- says:
    "oh shit what answer do i read off"
    Andrew -- says:
    LOL

Which is exactly what it looked like.

I'd like to point out that Palin performed complete question alterations -- and often never supplying answers to the original questions given. Biden not once - NOT ONCE - did this. He would of course touch back on a previous point(s), but he always got back on topic with the current question and gave a answer to some extent. As I pointed out in our conversation as well, Palin had many emotionally charged responses. Biden provided more actual solutions while Palin danced around questions and went off the beaten path like an obnoxious child curious if that snake is poisonous and bites. She acted rather snide in her responses and overall attitude. Sometimes Biden would counter it with a little verbal jolt here and there which is understandable.

They both gave answers trying to appeal the american voters, while Biden went one step further: he actually proposed answers to the hosts questions.

Basic summary: Palin can't "straight talk" shit.

Moving away from the debate, have any of you not paid any attention to the real politics happening here?

McCain accused Obama of not having enough experience, and then arrogantly (and ignorantly) selects Sarah Palin as his VP. A woman who was on the city council -> mayor -> and then governor for 2 or 3 years. This woman contains less experience than a tenth of Obama's career. Obama may be young, but that is by far not a downfall. He has been a teacher, a church organizer, maintained a seat in the senate for five consecutive terms, and more. But above all, he is intelligent. In my opinion, intelligence and understanding is ranked far higher than experience - and when coupled together into a package like him though, it is grandiose.

In the past two years, McCain has destroyed all of what he previously stood for - all that made him the "maverick" he claims to be, in attempt to grab the conservative base vote. He's made statements weeks apart that contradict each other. One of my favorite Palin quotes from the debate was "One thing really great about running with McCain is that he doesn't tell one thing to one group and turn around and tell another thing to another group." If you can't see the sheer irony in this statement then there's no hope for the logical thought process component of your brain to ever revive itself.

I'm going to end this post with a bang: If you believe that McCain wants to be the American President for any reason other than his legacy, you are farther right than Rupert Murdoch's limp shriveled dick.

EDIT: +1 for Dave's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Not to worry, Cody; Big John is going to "maverick" the woman's right movement by ensuring a woman finally becomes President (although, not directly elected - you know, to "maverick" the sexism that could get in the way)...and even beyond the grave, "maverick" Bush's as-of-yet completely failed legacy. The guy is amazing, God bless him!!!!11