Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Players: Why do you play?

This is a question to people here who play World of Warcraft.

I'm curious what keeps you going, do you solo or group most of the time - which do you prefer?

Personally, the one trip from 1-70 + raiding everything in TBC up to MH/BT (the only raid I didn't complete outside of those was Kael'Thas, which I got to phase 4 the night before I quit.)

It was alright as I leveled, had some fun here and there, nothing really great. It was just building up to how fun it'll be once I'm 70! type of thing. Raiding never felt fun, just like a job. After a couple of months i didn't even want to log in any more. My guild then collapsed and I quit (the remainder transferred to Zul'jin and recruited new people; they are #2 on the server atm.)

Anyway, I didn't have a problem leveling up new chars and stuff, until those last couple weeks. Something just turned me off. Now I can't stand looking at the game without conjuring thoughts of an abhorrent quest-grind and generally non fun atmosphere.

So ask you guys, why do you keep playing? It's all just numbers, the feeling of fun is diminished by keeping up on the meters or making sure your numbers are as big as you can get them. It's like that in other mmo's sure, but in WoW it feels like that's ALL there is. I guess that's what I realized and what turned me off. I still enjoy EQ, just can't afford it so I play an emulator server now.

ANSWER NOW PLOX
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

Just play with people you know. That's pretty much the reason I play, it's a fun thing to do with your friends. Roll alliance on Shattered Hand with us. It are funz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGator
    Just play with people you know. That's pretty much the reason I play, it's a fun thing to do with your friends. Roll alliance on Shattered Hand with us. It are funz.
    What names/levels?

i absolutley hated leveling to 70, i always palyed with friends, i mainly played with tcorn cuz everyone else was trial and wouldn only resub every so often... the games so much more fun to play when you got friends, but tims comp got messed up one night after Ike and he hasnt played much so i ended canceling my sub too, as there was no one i knew to play with.

but just recently i found out an old bunch of buddies of mine play on a server together so im gonna be transfering there...

i hated leveling so much, but the thing that kept me going was farming the AH

i've had several twinks before i even had ONE level 70.

@ numerous times ive had millions of gold.

alot of it lost when making twinks/ gambling to make more money but its just a game.

only got 473 gold atm =(

Nooknook - 70 (Boombostik)
    Chunkpants - 70 (me)
    Mustacheitch - 50 (Boom's cousin)

We also have a few friends we've known for like almost 3 years from other servers playing here too. Right now, I'm waiting for boom to get a new comp so he can play and so we can rape Northrend.
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)
    I sold my psp to my uncle for 250, so waiting for that $$ then I'll buy wotlk and resub my account and try and get back into it.

@Dest: Millions? lol, how about i give you my info and you hook me up. Making gold has never been my strong point.

my buddy in this 5v5 team. he is ranked a brutal gladiator... does that make him #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls
    Then we shall rape your vagina etc.
    show me armories

also I'm transferring to Cho'gall at the end of the month because this server has the most downtime out of any in the entire game, it's absolutely dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I want to know what's going on with him and Xena and whether he's jobless. It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.
    nah theyre huge balls, i like huge balls