Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk about lucky!

Not so sure they could stop that from puncturing. They're just plastic...

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    no theyre metal... atleast on the tundras they are

yeah regular sheet metal like used on the firewall. actually it's probably thinner than the firewall. that tree would punch through it like a sheet of foil.
    no its thicker

ffs ill take a pic tomorow lol

either im sure even if it was as thick as thefire wall is being only sheetmetal im sure it would've helped with the damage

I've seen what you're talking about Dest and it wouldn't do shit to help. That is to prevent mud from getting stuck up under your vehicle, just like the firewall is to prevent a fire in the engine compartment from getting to the passengers in the vehicle. It isn't designed to prevent something like a tree puncturing through it. Infact, its actually designed to be punctured easily so you can run wires through it as necessary. It's nothing more than sheet metal with fiber glass insulation.

Anyway, this whole thing just seems to me like he wanted to look like a bad ass driving over a tree when really he had plenty of room to simply drive around it.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly
    I've seen what you're talking about Dest and it wouldn't do shit to help. That is to prevent mud from getting stuck up under your vehicle, just like the firewall is to prevent a fire in the engine compartment from getting to the passengers in the vehicle. It isn't designed to prevent something like a tree puncturing through it. Infact, its actually designed to be punctured easily so you can run wires through it as necessary. It's nothing more than sheet metal with fiber glass insulation.

Anyway, this whole thing just seems to me like he wanted to look like a bad ass driving over a tree when really he had plenty of room to simply drive around it.
    yup. Didlez is correct in every way here.
    As unfortunate as it was to type that, right DS?

My 4runner has that kinda mud flap stuff too. I thought it was plastic - but I didn't run down to check. I think at best it could have deflected the path of the tree - but the odds of where it hit/punctured through was so crazy that it doesn't really matter anyways. Then again, the odds of someone being stupid enough to want to drive over a downed tree next to the road just to show off to the guys behind them are fairly high...so you never know...

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    As unfortunate as it was to type that, right DS?
    lol, you dont see that comment made very often.