Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dunno atm

Do you have a passport?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saman
    I'm 19 too! 20th birthday party for Will/Saman/Steven! You'll have to come to Canada though because Saman and I are legal to booze here.
    actually, even though i am >19, i cant drive, that means i dont have drivers ID, that means i cant prove that i am over 19 to the store, which means i cant buy booze.[/code]
    or an IDENTIFICATION card?
    no, i might as well not exist.
    After reading this thread, I realized how fucking retarded you all are and how put together I really am

Just kidding friends, I just have a head start on you - being a bit older than all of you. I didn't do much after high school much like yourself MOP. Although I could drive, I didn't have a car or a job or any real direction in life. It felt like a lot of pressure to just pull a career out of your ass that you're supposed to spend the rest of your life working at. I chose to do nothing minus a few odd jobs here and there that lacked any real direction and didn't require any motivation on my part...plus, they were pretty easy to quit. To this point, I've had a lot of varied experience with quite a few jobs - just spending time doing different things and then moving on. It all helped me get an idea of what I want to spend time building a career on (nobody wants to spend 2,000 or so hours a year doing something that they hate) until I can do what I actually want to do full-time, which is develop and run businesses.

I have a full-time career as a Database Administrator (got promoted + 25% pay increase on Friday - and I already was in the higher income bracket for this county) which is a pretty cool job for a pretty cool company. Every now and again, I do web program consulting on the side. I also recently bought a side-business. I'll probably post about that sometime in the future when things calm down and I have the time to take some pictures and show you guys what it looks like. Since Dest mentioned his, I also drive a 2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited (V8 4x4) - which I actually paid for rather than inherited from my parents

Duno, although at times it feels I don't have a lot of time to myself (much less hop onto Gore or TS with you idiots) I definitely feel incredibly grateful for the opportunities I've been given and the things I've earned. I think at the end of our lives, it doesn't matter what we drove, what our occupation was, or how many oil changes we didn't completely fuck up (if you're Destruction). What really matters is that you took opportunities to grow, learn, and take chances in your life. At the end of it all, I'd hate to count the times I was too afraid to let go of fear and just jump (this sounds like Joel, goddamnit ... I don't want your money, don't worry).

MOP I think you're a lot like me in the sense that you feel a lot of pressure to do something with your life that amounts to more than just changing oil for a living (FUCK that never gets old). Sometimes when people expect a lot of/from you, there's a lot of pressure to fulfill that kind of hype...and you don't want to disappoint people or yourself. I know there are times I get really stressed out (even now) because I hope my family/friends/people I've known aren't saying or won't say "Wow, that Dave guy...he really had a lot of potential to do something great. It's a shame that he didn't do much with himself". Another pressure is that I try really hard to be better than my father, who is one of those kinds of people that is very bitter and tells me that since things never worked out right for him, surely I won't be any better.

So MOP, I've been where you're at. I know at your age I just wanted to feel fulfilled to some extent...successful at something, and wanting to be happy doing something I enjoyed. I think right now you have some ideas of things you'd like to be doing. Just don't get discouraged if those doors don't open for you right away - or at all. Keep your eyes open for opportunities that show up. Sometimes they come at inopportune times, but you can't be prepared for everything. Be willing to give up what you think is your dream (like a dream job) today for the path life gives you. I really do think everything happens for a reason...and doors open whether you see them or not. There have been times I've been really discouraged because I thought I wanted to do something that just didn't work out, only to have something better come along not too long after. You just have to have the balls to take risks at times - even when people around you tell you that it's not possible (it's good to get rid of as many of those people as you can, by the way). I always thought that those infomercial guys saying "omg my life is so fulfilled! there is always the right path in front of you, whether you believe it or not" only felt like that because they had a lot of money and were lucky enough to be doing what they wanted to do, but I've been fortunate enough to feel much the same way, and although I'm quite comfortable financially - I'm not a multi-millionaire with something to sell you. I'm not where I want to be quite yet, but I'm aware that I'm on the right path and the opportunities I seek will come about eventually.

You have to pay attention to what I like to think as your "vibration" - you just KNOW when what you're doing feels right, and you know when it doesn't. Eventually you'll be attuned only to things that feel right and won't get caught up in things that don't - like a shitty job (ie: changing oil. BAM! 3 TIMES DEST, FUCK YOU!). Right now the struggle for you is to not accept the negative vibration you have currently about life (like depression) and make an attempt to go for what feels right (besides suckling upon Samans mother's breast - which is great, but it doesn't pay the bills...unless I'm filming it). It's getting out of that rut that is the hardest thing. Once you have a positive vibration, it just feels like everything else that is positive just comes your way. I suppose this is the very root of the Law of Attraction...and why things attract to you.

Sorry that this is such a long read...and isn't my normal "you're all a bunch of faggots" kind of commentary, I just felt that this thread was a little more than random NWP shenaniganry and some (like MOP) could benefit from my experiences and outlook. Perhaps not, but it is what it is. Even though I think you're all a bunch of faggots (as previously pointed out)...I still want all of you to be successful and feel genuinely happy with your lives. Most of you are pretty smart and have the potential to do more than just sit around and play games all day (saman might want to start off with ATTEMPTING to talk to a real girl first). Anyways, it'd be pretty fucking awesome when many of us are more successful than those faggots from DooM, right?

If anything else, just feel grateful that you're not Destruction.
    fuck you bitch, i talk to girls all the time, the problem is that they never talk back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    After reading this thread, I realized how fucking retarded you all are and how put together I really am

Just kidding friends, I just have a head start on you - being a bit older than all of you. I didn't do much after high school much like yourself MOP. Although I could drive, I didn't have a car or a job or any real direction in life. It felt like a lot of pressure to just pull a career out of your ass that you're supposed to spend the rest of your life working at. I chose to do nothing minus a few odd jobs here and there that lacked any real direction and didn't require any motivation on my part...plus, they were pretty easy to quit. To this point, I've had a lot of varied experience with quite a few jobs - just spending time doing different things and then moving on. It all helped me get an idea of what I want to spend time building a career on (nobody wants to spend 2,000 or so hours a year doing something that they hate) until I can do what I actually want to do full-time, which is develop and run businesses.

I have a full-time career as a Database Administrator (got promoted + 25% pay increase on Friday - and I already was in the higher income bracket for this county) which is a pretty cool job for a pretty cool company. Every now and again, I do web program consulting on the side. I also recently bought a side-business. I'll probably post about that sometime in the future when things calm down and I have the time to take some pictures and show you guys what it looks like. Since Dest mentioned his, I also drive a 2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited (V8 4x4) - which I actually paid for rather than inherited from my parents

Duno, although at times it feels I don't have a lot of time to myself (much less hop onto Gore or TS with you idiots) I definitely feel incredibly grateful for the opportunities I've been given and the things I've earned. I think at the end of our lives, it doesn't matter what we drove, what our occupation was, or how many oil changes we didn't completely fuck up (if you're Destruction). What really matters is that you took opportunities to grow, learn, and take chances in your life. At the end of it all, I'd hate to count the times I was too afraid to let go of fear and just jump (this sounds like Joel, goddamnit ... I don't want your money, don't worry).

MOP I think you're a lot like me in the sense that you feel a lot of pressure to do something with your life that amounts to more than just changing oil for a living (FUCK that never gets old). Sometimes when people expect a lot of/from you, there's a lot of pressure to fulfill that kind of hype...and you don't want to disappoint people or yourself. I know there are times I get really stressed out (even now) because I hope my family/friends/people I've known aren't saying or won't say "Wow, that Dave guy...he really had a lot of potential to do something great. It's a shame that he didn't do much with himself". Another pressure is that I try really hard to be better than my father, who is one of those kinds of people that is very bitter and tells me that since things never worked out right for him, surely I won't be any better.

So MOP, I've been where you're at. I know at your age I just wanted to feel fulfilled to some extent...successful at something, and wanting to be happy doing something I enjoyed. I think right now you have some ideas of things you'd like to be doing. Just don't get discouraged if those doors don't open for you right away - or at all. Keep your eyes open for opportunities that show up. Sometimes they come at inopportune times, but you can't be prepared for everything. Be willing to give up what you think is your dream (like a dream job) today for the path life gives you. I really do think everything happens for a reason...and doors open whether you see them or not. There have been times I've been really discouraged because I thought I wanted to do something that just didn't work out, only to have something better come along not too long after. You just have to have the balls to take risks at times - even when people around you tell you that it's not possible (it's good to get rid of as many of those people as you can, by the way). I always thought that those infomercial guys saying "omg my life is so fulfilled! there is always the right path in front of you, whether you believe it or not" only felt like that because they had a lot of money and were lucky enough to be doing what they wanted to do, but I've been fortunate enough to feel much the same way, and although I'm quite comfortable financially - I'm not a multi-millionaire with something to sell you. I'm not where I want to be quite yet, but I'm aware that I'm on the right path and the opportunities I seek will come about eventually.

You have to pay attention to what I like to think as your "vibration" - you just KNOW when what you're doing feels right, and you know when it doesn't. Eventually you'll be attuned only to things that feel right and won't get caught up in things that don't - like a shitty job (ie: changing oil. BAM! 3 TIMES DEST, FUCK YOU!). Right now the struggle for you is to not accept the negative vibration you have currently about life (like depression) and make an attempt to go for what feels right (besides suckling upon Samans mother's breast - which is great, but it doesn't pay the bills...unless I'm filming it). It's getting out of that rut that is the hardest thing. Once you have a positive vibration, it just feels like everything else that is positive just comes your way. I suppose this is the very root of the Law of Attraction...and why things attract to you.

Sorry that this is such a long read...and isn't my normal "you're all a bunch of faggots" kind of commentary, I just felt that this thread was a little more than random NWP shenaniganry and some (like MOP) could benefit from my experiences and outlook. Perhaps not, but it is what it is. Even though I think you're all a bunch of faggots (as previously pointed out)...I still want all of you to be successful and feel genuinely happy with your lives. Most of you are pretty smart and have the potential to do more than just sit around and play games all day (saman might want to start off with ATTEMPTING to talk to a real girl first). Anyways, it'd be pretty fucking awesome when many of us are more successful than those faggots from DooM, right?

If anything else, just feel grateful that you're not Destruction.
    ignore

get a job you fucking lazy hippie

love you mop
    I'm 20 (21 on 11.Dec), I study Mediadesign, I drive.
    I work in the summer and winter vacations, mostly different jobs ... and during the semester I partly work at a photographer's

I've been drinking legally since I'm 16 (and illegally before I was 16) ...

I've had a great time playing Gore with you and all the other guys ...
    I've played this (and other games) far too much ... lately I've realized that I should rather focus on my study ...
    Instead of just passing it with bad grades, I'm now giving anything to get the best grades I can get .. finally

Gore has affected my life in many ways for sure ...
    Because of some people I met in the game I know what kind of job I want for my future ... some mediadesigning ...

Btw, my name is Steven too .. who's the other Steven again ? ShockWave ?

so why rag on me about the whole changing oil shit if thats where i started out @ toyota,

i already moved on the technician side of the building, its no longer just oil changes anymore :|

+more pays

shut the fuck up dest, your doing it for the proud people of Robonia!
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION
    so why rag on me about the whole changing oil shit if thats where i started out @ toyota,

i already moved on the technician side of the building, its no longer just oil changes anymore :|

+more pays
    Cuz it's funny + idiot, what he said applies to you too. thx for your kind words dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow