Thread: FUCK YOU Fall Out Boy

You guys might have heard Fall Out Boy's remake of Beat It? You probably don't give a shit, but I have to rant about it. Sorry.

Alright, for starters, I think Michael Jackson's music is pretty great. I mean, he's the goddamn king of pop. Thriller? Awesome. Billie Jean = sex. Beat It is a classic. If you think otherwise, fuck you, and die. And This is coming from someone who primarily listens to metal.

A quarter century later, Michael Jackson gets slapped in the face by this pile of shit. This fucking remake of Beat It by Fall Out Boy is ATROCIOUS. IT ANGERS ME. I think this is the worst remake of any song I've ever heard.

As far as typical mainstream music goes, I'm usually pretty indifferent to Fall Out Boy, hell, some of their music is pretty catchy. But good jesus fucking god, this is outrageously horrendous. I've heard better vocals come out of my anus. AND THEY ABSOLUTELY BUTCHERED THE GUITAR SOLO. FUCK. It actually makes me cringe. The original song featured EDDIE VAN HALEN on guitar, and for that reason Beat It is pretty much the best pop song of all time.

I never really gave a shit about faggot emo kids and the shit they listen to. In the back of my mind I always thought they were goddamned immature little pricks, but whatever, people are who they are. But after watching this video, I want to punch the next emo person I see in the fucking jugular. I'm not even positive if they're classified as an emo band, but the band members look like queers so I'm just going to assume so.

The video itself is bullshit, too.

Maybe it's just me. This remake seems pretty popular for some reason. I personally think it's a joke and can't really take it seriously. It sounds like Fall Out Boy didn't even give a shit when they recorded this. I see no effort or attempt to make this enjoyable at all.

Here's the original song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8 - note how the asskicking amplifies during the solo.

For the record, Michael Jackson as a person is pretty much a pile of fuck. He's some kind of Fellow/ghoul hybrid that gets off on kids. I like his music though.
    yeah well it was probably an industry choice to do it, and choose the worst band TO do it.

its interesting to watch the guitar solo in the video, because you can't actually WATCH it. why oh why is that.. well maybe it's because it's a bunch of guitar with protools effects.

also, if i have to look at pete wentz' face one more time i'll fucking all of your base belong to us him.
    i remember meeting him at the sound academy in toronto, and he was just fucking gay.

the only good thing about that video is that Donald Faison was in it for some reason.
    I actually like Fall Out Boy...they're not emo imo (omg schweet band name LETS DO IT ROOT). But they're one of those bands that has a sound you can only stand for so long and you have to go back to your classics...like the always dependable, Michael Jackson. I've never been real huge into this song...probably because I've heard it so many goddamn times everywhere. I do love MJ's new stuff though too (Invincible = amazing, fuck you if you say you don't like his "new" stuff but have never actually listened to it). I'll have to upload his new album for you Shockwave...I've had the leaked copy for almost a year. It's good.

I'm not huge on this remake either. I was fine with it until the guitar solo. That is one pile of failz if I've ever seen it. The fact of the matter is...the guitarist doesn't have enough talent to memorize and properly execute EVH. I'm a bit of a purist on this subject - so my opinion is don't even try if you can't get away with it. It literally sounds like someone who is a decent guitarist (not great by any means, mind you) who is JUST learning the tabulature of that song for the first time. It's so slow and sloppy, yuck. Half of the greatness of Halen is his finger work - which was not represented at all in this remake. I swear, this solo is going to get Halen heading back to the bottle. Terrible.

The rest of the song is okay. If I had the CD, I would probably always skip it because I'd just listen to the original if I wanted to hear the song.

And for the record, I think MJ is a weird person in general - but is a musical genius. I don't think he molests kids or anything (if you ever looked at those two lawsuits, the parents are dodge fucking parents if I have EVER seen any in my life) though he puts himself in stupid situations and is generally odd.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    I've always liked the Michal Jackson version. I MEAN WHEN CAN YOU DO A DANCING SWITCHBLADE FIGHT? NEVER.

Other then that I've never liked fallout boy cause they are the definition of REAL mainstream. I mean we call mainstream bands how we hear them, but the fact is that fallout boy has been deemed mainstream by multiple companies.

On the other hand Panic! at the disco is gay, but i fucking love them.
    ROFL ^

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out rocks...but I heard the single from the new album and I was like MEH.

"ill give ur mom the short end of the stick " - Destruction
    Everything said so far is pretty much QFT. The video, vocals, solo, everything fucking disgraces the original. What a piece of utter shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    stop idolizing a haxor clan like nwp and idolize a clan like gv instead, who have to struggle and try so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave
    I still laugh at how Saman means "Shelter and Security", and Saman is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative
    The gods have looked apond you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It makes me feel better about myself...knowing that even if I became a fucking crack addict and lost everything, I'd still be better than him.(In reference to M@nc0w)