Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need some help..

yeah just create a partition for it before you start(or use a separate hd like i did). pop the disk in, select custom install, select proper hd, wait 15-30 mins and you're done. normally when you start the computer up after the install is complete it will show a boot manager that will have a list saying "Older version of windows" and "Windows 7 Beta". this lets you choose which OS to boot into obviously. works pretty well.

more detailed instruction:
    http://lifehacker.com/5126781/how-to...th-xp-or-vista

oh btw on the piratebay download it will still ask you for a cdkey at the end of the install but i left it blank and continued on. i haven't gotten any pop ups or validation errors as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    yeah just create a partition for it before you start(or use a separate hd like i did). pop the disk in, select custom install, select proper hd, wait 15-30 mins and you're done. normally when you start the computer up after the install is complete it will show a boot manager that will have a list saying "Older version of windows" and "Windows 7 Beta". this lets you choose which OS to boot into obviously. works pretty well.

more detailed instruction:
    http://lifehacker.com/5126781/how-to...th-xp-or-vista

oh btw on the piratebay download it will still ask you for a cdkey at the end of the install but i left it blank and continued on. i haven't gotten any pop ups or validation errors as of yet.
    lol I have a beta key
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

how did you get it? i tried for about 10 mins when the beta was released but the servers were getting pummeled. i thought they had closed the beta already.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspoon
    how did you get it? i tried for about 10 mins when the beta was released but the servers were getting pummeled. i thought they had closed the beta already.
    Like I said, I got to the screen that gives you your beta key and has the download button. Downloaded wouldn't work at all so I said screw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTION View Post
    im just trying to keep u on ur toes Fellow

oh i missed that somehow. i have a key now too lol. the pirate bay one downloaded for me last week in an hour or so.
    Speaking of partitioning...what is a good program for that stuff? I want to reclaim some space on my OS hard drive that I had used for Linux...
    partition magic works good.
    NWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWPNWP
    the greatest Fellows

xp or vista spyder? they talk about partioners in that link i posted up top.