I've been thinking lately, what with all of the talk about the stimulus package etc.; and where it's all going and how it's even going to help. Anyway, I got to thinking -- well, where is this money coming from? The US is already trillion+ in national debt, and I don't think china is handing this shit over. I don't think the countries of the world are contributing to a "USA IS POOR GIVE THEM MONEY" fund, since their economies are affected by the recession as well. If I recall a video I once watched, that the Federal Reserve basically "creates" money from thin air and exchanges it to the US treasury for US treasury bonds or something. Then we just print that shit out, and spend it. Tons of inflation. Is that what this bailout is? Just us printing more dollars that in reality have no value whatsoever and are created from debt itself? How did this current system come into place, we are not on the gold standard -- who created this money and assigned its value?

Today, if we were to completely wipe the financial grid and start anew (maybe with the gold standard) How would gold be assigned value, and after its value was established, how would we assign all other objects value based upon the new standard? Where does this money start off -- whose pockets is this fresh money getting put into? What gives those people the right to start of with this money? I'd like to find the answer to these questions not only for a new economy, but for our current economy -- how did this shit start?

DISCUSSION PLOX.